Looking for links for OEM Home Prem w/ SP1 + Questions :D

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aovaici, Jul 8, 2011.

1. aovaici

aovaici MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Hey guys,
    I am a tech for basic system debug/virus/reinstalls and MOST my customers have Windows Home Premium edition installed so I am looking for a 'OEM' version that I can install on their computers (since NO one has their install disks, plus install disks normally come with a lot of bloatware) with the own customer CD Keys so I don't have to crack and maybe have to revisit them in the future if it somehow gets detected.
    So basically, I am looking for links for OEM Home Prem w/ SP1, also if their computer shipped WITHOUT SP1 and I install the OEM version WITH SP1 will it complain about the CD Key not being made for this edition/computer or whatever it sais?

Also I tried making my own install disks since there are quite a few mentions of it on the forums but seriously gave up after twenty minutes. Figure that downloading a standard one would work.

This morning I installed Home Premium 'N' on accident on a customers computer and the CD Key didn't work so I fail and have to revisit again tomorrow without charging anything extra :( I loooooose gas money!

Thanks for the help,
    Ash

2. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    seems like you are trying to profit from piracy, hope no one helps you

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #3 Shenj, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aovaici

aovaici MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Wow, if you had read my post you would SEE how stupid your comment is. I'm installing Windows 7 on computers WITH VALID CD KEYS, people just don't keep their install disks, so how ELSE am I suppose to repair their systems without their install disks considering no one ever keeps them? If I was trying to make money off piracy wouldn't I just use the activator? Idiot.

5. aovaici

aovaici MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Thanks bro. :D That actually helps, but I can't use the retail edition for OEM computers right? The CD Key's on the PC's wouldn't work?

6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #6 Shenj, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #7 stayboogy, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    if it's the same version that was installed by the OEM then it should work just fine as the key is in the bios (i think). there are only so many versions and all that is different from retail and OEM is only volume licensing. they are not different editions from what can be purchased retail other than the licensing aspect--it's still just windows 7! all that happens from the manufacturer is they take a windows 7 image (identical to what is sold retail other than the license key, whether ultimate, professional, premium, basic, or starter) and integrate OEM specific logos, drivers, and partner third party utilities and load it onto the machine and make a recovery partition from that same image...

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. aovaici

aovaici MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Sorry, but his reply was JUST to troll right? He claimed I made money from piracy, he is a idiot. That's the worst kind of pirate in my opinion, otherwise I have no problem with piracy. If he had READ my post he would have realized that's what I was TRYING TO AVOID.

Thanks to everyone, :D , made a universal install disk :D

10. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    No I read your post and concluded that any pc tech that charges would obviously be aware of the recovery partition system oem's use.