Looking for Windows Vista Business download

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tmontney, Jan 14, 2014.

1. tmontney

tmontney MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2014
    I've searched, searched, and searched. All but dead links, or incorrect versions.

What I need: Vista Business (32 or 64 bit) OEM

Would highly prefer a hash or something to verify its integrity.

/threads/44359-Official-Microsoft-Windows-Vista-Direct-Download

I'm not sure if this includes all versions and that it's OEM (to say that Business is included, not that I'm looking for all versions). If someone can verify this, I'll go ahead and download it.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #2 EFA11, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. tmontney

tmontney MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2014
    #3 tmontney, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    (OP)
    Link is broken. Doesn't load under Opera, IE, or Windows Explorer. WE gives a permission denied error.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Link is working perfectly under Chrome.

:innocent:

5. tmontney

tmontney MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2014
    #5 tmontney, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    (OP)
    Bah, my PIA VPN was on (I personally thought it was off). After disabling it I had no problem. Strange that it wouldn't be able to access a VPN. VPN connects somewhere in the Midwest USA, unless the FTP server is outside the USA? Huh.

Question: It's in the directory MSDN. If this is an MSDN copy, clearly my OEM key won't work.

6. JamesCaan

JamesCaan MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Who told you that it wouldn't work? In addition, if it is a large OEM, you likely won't need your key. There are swathes of information here concerning how to activate.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    He may have OEM NONE:SLP key.

8. perceivedelusion

perceivedelusion MDL Member

Mar 10, 2010
    working great, needed vista x86 sp1 for a winpe disk. wasted 1/2 hour trying to find a good link... now i'm camping happy. thanks-a-bunch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Jonelle

Jonelle MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2014
    #10 Jonelle, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Hoping someone can help. I am currently running windows XP Home Edition with SP3. I have the disc but dont have the key as it was installed by a pc tech quite some time ago now. Anyhow I am wanting to upgrade to Windows Vista Business and wanting to download it from one of the links that was provided previously in this thread.
    As I consider myself a novice, I was hoping that someone can provide me with some instructions on what to do after I have downloaded the file from the links that were provided and any other info that I will need in order to put it on to my desktop pc and get it up and running. Will I need to provide a key to get it working, can I install it straight over windows xp or will I have to uninstall xp first and will the xp home edition cd need to used in order to get Vista business to work and any other info regarding downloading from the links provided will be greatly appreciated.
    Which of the links should I be choosing. SP1,SP2 or the Volume license one ??? Please keep in mind that I am a novice and need instructions to be kept simple. Thanks :)

10. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Hello,
    All of this will depend of your computer hardware CPU, RAM, ....because Vista is known as consuming a lot of ressources. So before installing/updating, you should give us your model of computer and some other infos. Is it a laptop or desktop one ? Thx for your feedback :)

11. philesk

philesk MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2015
    I plan to use Vista as an intermediary OS to upgrade from XPP to Win 7.0. I've heard that Win 7 is a little more compatible with older hardware than Vista. Machine is a Thinkpad T42 w/2.0gb. I don't think it has a 64bit cpu.