Looking for X14-03912

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ColdAsIce, May 24, 2010.

1. ColdAsIce

ColdAsIce MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Im looking for a iso for X14-03912.
    Just got a new computer at work with a XP sticker with that number. If i install other versions i get "invalid key" ( i`ve tried to change it to after installation - same thing )

Thanks

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Run OEMBIOS.exe get results and make your own XP cd that is the whole point of this XP section.

3. ColdAsIce

ColdAsIce MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Its a custom PC build ( gigabyte mainboard ) and has come with a OEM Sticker on the case ( X14-03912 ) but i cannot find this ISO.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    It should say on the sticker what type of key it is i,e, OEM COA OEMAct OEM NONSLP e.c.t you could also run xp pid checker to find out i still don't understand your problem you have gigabyte mother board so SLP 1.0 string will be there and you already know how to make OEM SLP cd.

5. ColdAsIce

ColdAsIce MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Short version of the problem : we just got some new computers at work ( custom build ) and everyone comes with a OEM Sticker on the case ( "Windows Xp Professional OEM Software" - X14-03912 ). I dont have any cd to install windows from with the key that is written on the sticker cause i get a error ( "invalid key" ) and i dont want to install a pirated version ( we already had a computer check 3 months ago for pirated software ).
    PS : sorry for my english.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well short version from this side is buy genuine machines that is not your problem and as an IT guy you shouldn't be worried about this, even rebranded machines come with serial number as i said earlier on grab xp pid checker from forum type one of the keys you have but guaranteed. You just said we got
    every custom built computer if oem builder i,e, shop built machine come with OEM COA , I reallly don't believe we are still having this conversation machines should have been supplied with a version of xp obviously they didn't so either your company needs to buy real licenses. I know this may sound harsh but even say you have company that deal if dell reconditioned machines you actually need separate oem certificate for that it has to say reseller machine. At the end of the day even if you found the cd you were looking for you can't give someone a copy even worst a customer. But in your situation just trying to get buy with what you have to work with, just do as i mentioned earlier on run oembios.exe or download xp pid checker and go from there. Wish you all the best hopefully you get something working it's not your fault you are just trying to do your job.