Loss of certain features with mod?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by digitech, Jun 26, 2007.

1. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kewlguy

kewlguy MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2007
    is there mod available for HP laptops BIOS where you can add a feature for Memory remapping/Memory Hole? This option when enabled, the OS can detect and use full 4GB (if installed). Current BIOS from HP can detect full 4096MB but the OS can see only 3070MB at the most. This is true for both 32 and 64-bit OS (XP and Vista)

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What is the manufacturer of the bios? Phoenix?

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kewlguy

kewlguy MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes. HP dv9000T laptop. (Intel)

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Have you tried to edit bios with Phoenix bios editor? This prog. we need to modify Phoenix bioses. Check keznews forums to get it.
    What about google? Any information about?

Yen

7. dashton6

dashton6 MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2007
    I have the asus P4P800E-Deluxe I have had no troubles at all, all features of the bios work ok, including microsoft updates when in vista. But please note my friend has the latest Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboad, he flashed His, and it wrote off his motherboard, and before you say it, the dual bios imitation on this motherboard did not help, it was a right off , so before you flash make sure you read a few positives about your board first, to make sure people are having success

8. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    There is only 1 person (blkj1064) on this forum that has tested the BIOS for the P4C800-E Deluxe. I have PM'ed him but no answer yet.

Anyways if the modded BIOS flash doesn't work, is it possible to flash to the original and restore it?

9. kewlguy

kewlguy MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2007
    Well I am not sure how to get the Memory remapping feature added to the Phoenix BIOS. It can be a hidden feature (already present) and I just need to enable it. But not sure how to proceed.
    After learning online and from stuff sent by China4Ever I did my own modding for SLIC and wireless pci-express mod for my laptop BIOS. Have no idea about how to take care of the memory remapping/memory hole option to enable the 4GB option.

10. vengeance

vengeance MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    Well, there's one potential problem. If microcode gives bad instructions at boot to crucial devices(such as bridges, memory controller. etc), your system will stall after each boot again and again, no matter if there's dual flash roms. Solution would be to overwrite flashrom with zeroes, then at next boot "dual bios" will launch recovery procedure automatically. Problem is frankly that these idiots at gigabyte didn't provide anything to hard-erase bios rom.

11. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Does ASUS have anything to hard-erase a bios?

12. vengeance

vengeance MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    I doubt it.

13. macaria

macaria MDL Novice

May 31, 2007
    I just tested the P4C800-E Deluxe on my homebuilt computer. All functions work, including overclocking. Vista Ultimate with updates working. I have 3 PATA and 2 SATA drives, and a DVDRW as well. 2GB ram. I also have WinXP fully functional as well as Kubuntu Dapper and Kubunty FeistyFawn.I have not tried and RAID's

14. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    That's good to hear. Maybe it's time for me to flash this BIOS.

15. mojooh

mojooh MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    I sent a private message as i didn't get much help from the forum. Could you please advice me how to edit a bios?
    It is from a new notebook which is phoenix trustedcore where i want to unhide options for overclock.

Thank you so much for your time.

16. heihewen2004

heihewen2004 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2008
    sometimes u will lose functions of vista.