Lot of new "unoffical" updates...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SoLoR, Oct 1, 2009.

1. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    #1 SoLoR, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. BDX

BDX MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I suggest all of you not to install these updates.

3. Stunna

Stunna MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    ur source ??

4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #4 HotCarl, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Thanks for your *opinion* but I am sure everyone can make the decision for themselves of whether or not they want to install any updates.

If you are going to tell people that they shouldn't download and install these updates, then please provide some sort of source for your implied claims that these updates are harmful or detrimental in some way to your system...else what you are saying is just opinion and speculation, and therefore is meaningless. A lot of people like myself have probably pre-ordered, or will purchase Win7 when it is released, and plan on reinstalling anyway come ~Oct. 22nd...so installing a few updates to test what they will do is just fine in my book. Plus the fact that many people like myself reinstall every once in a while anyway, so a reinstall down the road if some obscure update messed up my PC (which is EXTREMELY unlikely) is not a problem.

Thanks for your sincere concern though. ;) :p

5. Deathstryker

Deathstryker MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    #5 Deathstryker, Oct 1, 2009
    I'm sure he's not BS'ing. SoLoR has uploaded Win7 builds before.

Unless you were requesting a source for the dude directly above you.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to these updates.

Please divide x86 and x64 though, SoLoR. Especially since the XP Mode package is in it.

6. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    I want links for x86 and x64 version on some free server aka mediafire please

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    #7 SoLoR, Oct 1, 2009
    (OP)
    mine or BDXs "warning" ? i wrote where they are coming from, BDX is just usual pesimistic post when it comes to "unoffical" but digitaly signed by MS updates...

but lets wrap it up:

This are unoffical updates that, probably almost all if not all will get released over WU after 22nd october. VirtualPC will come in a day or two officaly from MS. All updates are signed by MS that means noone "infested" them with viruses, but its up to each and everyone if they choose to install them.

hm, ye in about an hour hopefuly... its slow 19% ;( and its 220MB total (x64+x86).

8. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #8 HotCarl, Oct 1, 2009
    ...and to use their own common sense of course. ;)

I am just growing very tired of the same BS: Someone creates an "updates" thread just to have someone *always* interject with something like "don't install these updates because of blah blah blah...". Let people choose for themselves, it is not like there is a virus in them or something like that. They are all digitally signed by Microsoft... Let people use their own common sense, or at the very least provide some sort of source for your allegations that the updates are no good...

9. Stunna

Stunna MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    no i ment where did u get em ??

10. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    from zukona, some russian private torrent forum.

11. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    ye both versions, i just didnt bother to make 2 screens...

12. pauliewog

pauliewog MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Thanks SoLoR I always trust your releases because I know they are legit and no b.s.! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    'll wait for another 20 days to pop-up these updates via windows update :D

14. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    VirtualPC link in 1st post, other updates to follow soon :)

15. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    and updates in 1st post as well.

16. minoverta

minoverta MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks for the updates Solor :D

17. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I've said this before but since its a different thread and people still have the mindset I'll say it again!

Although being official updates, NOT all of these updates will be available via Windowsupdate. Many of them are hotfixes which you wouldn't otherwise see via Windowsupdate/normal Microsoft download centre until they're included as part of a service pack.

They are perfectly safe to use, and even after 22 Oct you can download them via the associated kb article. With Vista, I always downloaded (and kept the files up to date, as some newer hotfixes superceded older ones) each and every one and never ever had a problem.

These updates are provided to us by those that have the advantage of having early access to them. You're quite welcome to wait until 22 Oct to just download the normal updates (which there will be significantly less) or sift throgh the dozens of new kb articles via a kb logger to manually request, download and install these updates, but there seems little point considering they can be easily skipped since they're already available to you! :)

18. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Just confirming what some have thought, kb973525 in this package seems to be the true final version. In another update pack it was considered a later update (renamed on here to v1.1) was later even though the file dates were earlier! it seems the other way around. The newer 973525 in terms of file dates actually installs over the top of the other one. Don't installed the other one over the top of this one :)

For x64 versions of Windows6.1-KB973525-x64.msu:
    Latest = 185kb
    Earlier = 182kb

Not sure of the difference in file size for x86 Windows.

Hope this hasn't confused anyone :)