Low volume in laptop Samsung R519. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by km2, May 1, 2011.

1. km2

km2 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    Hi,

I bought this laptop one year ago (Samsung R519) and it's been wonderful so far. The sound volume was quite good.

I've been installing and uninstalling Windows many times. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem, but the sound volume has been gradually getting lower and lower, and now I can hardly hear the music or the videos os whatever. I reinstalled Windows 7 (32 bits Home Premium) at least twice and the problem persists.

I don't know if this is a hardware or software problem, but I changed and updated the sound driver and tried many things from the software side and it doesn't get any better.

So, does anyone know if this is normal in laptops to go losing volume in time (1 year)? Does anyone know what the problem could be?

These are the technical specifications of this laptop: ww w. lapspecs. com/wiki/samsung+r519

Thank you very much.

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    If you have a clean install of the OS, the sounds card drivers are the same that previously gave you good sound and sound is turned on, I'd suspect hardware problems. I've had speakers fail and all internals are subject to failures.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. km2

km2 MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    A million thanks to both. Unfortunately I had already done that trick long ago and marked this Loudness Equalization thing and although it makes it a little louder, it is still very low.

As zahnoo said it sounds like a hardware failure since clean Windows reinstalls maintain the problem.

If so... there is no way to help it I guess, right? It's not possible to change the speakers in a laptop, right?

Again, a million thanks for your wonderful help.