LTSB N Privacy version question on 'feature updates'

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by detroit, Aug 15, 2015.

1. detroit

detroit MDL Junior Member

Oct 31, 2013
    I installed Murph's Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB N Privacy x64.

I read the wiki page on Windows 10 Editions and it says
    "not receive any feature updates".

Hrm, so what exactly does this relate to, new features of what?
    Example, if M$ got their s**t together an updated the File Explorer with Tabs, Folder sizes, Coloured File and Folders etc and issued a Windows Update for this, would the LTSB version not receive this considering it to is a feature? It's all a little ambiguous.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    it will receive security updates, it will not get anything else. It is locked in "as is" for businesses that use it in mission critical environments where adding changes and "Features" to the existing systems could cause instability etc with their systems.

Basically its made for those businesses that do not want anything to change to their systems for sake of stability. Security yes. Toys, doodads, and new functions.. no.

3. laysson

laysson MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2015
    So how to get those if we change our mind ? :D

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    install Enterprise instead :D

5. laysson

laysson MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2015
    That's what i was afraid to read :D

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Why? Just do it! Clean install don't be lazy for god's sake there you go! :D

7. bromanbro

bromanbro MDL Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Hehe, feature updates so far seems to be the Store and Apps and such. There will be a Universial Skype app in October, as well as MS Edge Extensions, neither of which LTSB will get.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Murphy78's Win10-LTSB-Privacy 2015

I downloaded the above ISO and used WinToUSB 3.0 for to create a WinToGo Workspace on a 32GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash drive, which just worked well.

The Installation took a complete size of 10GB, which leaves space enough for some special Tool/Apps I'll need for my work, and left space enough for to even temporary take some data with me to and from customers place. This will be a device for urgent customer support only, and therefore, didn't will need all updates etc. installed to be up to date! I may will, after some testings, how those works, create (clone) the same for my Staff as well, beside of the external USB 3.0 HDD's we use already for a long time, updated to the latest versions and/or updates.

As of the testing I'd done right now, everything works perfect. On this first one, I used the MTK26B5 for activation, will change that to our company KMS later on. All Apps/Tools I need on it, so far working with no problems and I'd installed the half of, which I need, already. It's a little bit slower from USB 3.0 Flash Drive as external USB 3.0 HDD, that's just fine, and the cost is just 15-20% of an external USB 3.0 HDD!

There not any 'gimmick' apps I need on that device to run, neither games or any 'entertainment' apps, it's simply just for to do some work!

Thanks to Murphy78 for that tool!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...