LTSC 2019 new pc install fail

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by extaticadam, Aug 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. extaticadam

extaticadam MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

Recently purchased a new cpu/mobo/ram and attempted to install ltsc using an image i have on a flash drive.

I was unsuccessful after 20+ attempts where the installation would freeze. Twice the installation worked but it would never get past the bios splash screen.

As a last resort i created a win 10 image from the media creation tool, install was successful and finally booted into windows.

Truthfully i didnt know now with new hardware you had to reinstall windows. Is there something im missing as to why i cant use ltsb right away?

Thanks

2. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Is it the Ryzen Zen 2 CPU? Is your mobo BIOS updated?

Also check if LTSC has the CPU driver to support the CPU. If not, may need to integrate update package before installing.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What did you try, LTSC (as you wrote in the second line, or ltsb (as you wrote in the last line)?

What is the exact hardware? You can run the QT from here, and post the saved report here in code tags?

4. extaticadam

extaticadam MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2019
    I7-9700k, z390 mobo with latest flash (latest flash incl support for 9 series CPU). How can i get the latest ltsc which i assume has this support? Thanks for your reply

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  6. extaticadam

extaticadam MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks for the info, just to be clear on the instructions.

1. Download consumer iso + patch and make iso.
    2. Download ltsc iso + patch and make iso.

Not going to lie, little lost but i havent researched the links you provided yet.. am i making 2 images to install on the same flash drive?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The resulting consumer iso in your language will be the source iso for the ltsc iso creation.