LTSC 2019 on an old HP pav G7(amd A6)...??

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Rickkins, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Came with win8, which of course I put classic shell etc on to make it usable. Never swapped out the OS due to warranty at first, but that is long gone now.

So, thoughts..??
    Pro's and cons...??

Thanks.

2. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    #2 Krager, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Windows is usually pretty good about supporting old hardware. If it came with win8 should be good for win10. On my system LTSC 2019 uses about 1.4gb of memory so if it has probably 8gb should run fine. 4gb of memory might be running a little lean.

Generally speaking LTSC is great for me since it doesn't have a lot of stuff I don't use anyway like UWP apps and Cortana. I'm far from a Windows fanboy, but I do have to admit it runs surprisingly well on my late model laptop computer.

That's not to say win10 is perfect, I still have my complaints. For example network file transfers were a lot faster with win7. Even with LTSC there's still a lot of stuff I don't want or need I had to disable through group policy and registry edits.

3. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    So, today I installed an ssd, samsung 860 evo 500gb, and doubled the ram. I then installed win10 latest ltsc and it went like a charm...

4. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I just installed a Samsung Evo 970 Plus terrabyte drive in my laptap, It's a new model drive and it's smoking fast. Highly pleased with it, love those Samsung drives.

Attached Files: