LTSC and "Your Phone" app?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by xflbret, Aug 21, 2021.

1. xflbret

xflbret MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    Hello all,

Yesterday, I gave up on the "regular" W10 on my daily driver and did what I should have done from the start: I'm installed LTSC 2019 on it. I'm getting settled in, which of course includes installing the Microsoft Store...which I did successfully, and it appears to be working well.

One thing I do like from "regular" W10 is the Your Phone app (since they got all the bugs worked out, anyway). I managed to successfully install it from the Microsoft Store. However, unlike with other Microsoft apps I installed, I get the following message when I try to run it (I'll attach a screenie, too)...

"Your Windows version needs an update. You'll need to update to the Windows 10 May 2019 update or later to use Your Phone. Select Open Windows Update to see if an update is available for your PC and install any pending updates."

My googling has been fruitless. So, I thought I'd ask here...is there a way around this? Maybe trick Your Phone in to thinking I'm not running LTSC?

Thanks in advance. yourphone.PNG

2. AndyMutz

AndyMutz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2011
    it has nothing to do with LTSC directly, some apps just won't work on LTSC 2019, because they rely on functions which were introduced in windows 1903 (or later).
    if you want to keep using LTSC and you want to use such apps, you will have to wait for the 2022 edition of LTSC.

-andy-

3. xflbret

xflbret MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    I see. Thanks for the reply.

4. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009