LTSC Won't Play Resident Evil 2 Remake

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Pearj, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017
  2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    This is exactly why "further minimizing" is not recommended.Just for future reference,it would be a good idea to have a "complete win 10 install" in another partition/hdd as backup in case things don't work out.

3. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017

..When I was looking into LTSC, I noticed a few folks saying there was no need to run a minimal system; that it would only cause problems... I also noticed 100's upon 100's of pages of people working to install a minimal system despite your advice..

Some people want a minimal system, and don't mind hunting down and fixing a problem should one arise - even if they need a little help. Almost as though some people value efficiency over blanket-resolutions.. I have a feeling you've been told that before..

In fact, I think you saw a thread with "LTSC" and some problem - and popped in to offer your amazing "words to live by", collected your likes then left - you weren't ever interested in working through an issue, and you don't have any actual help to give.

Ironically...

* I have a full W10 Home install on the stock disk that came with this box. I don't want that. I want a minimal install instead (for future reference and all).

* If you would of looked into the issue this thread is about, you would of seen that tons of people have the same problem... It isn't related to minimal systems - it has something to do with W10 and RE2. I mentioned a minimal system as a backdrop (same reason I posted logs) - so you folks would be familiar with the host and any potential issues.

* I stated clearly that BFv works.

* Just in case you didn't read it - RE2 has issues on full installs of W10.

-----

I think the problem can be solved on this install.

Please offer something to try that doesn't involve me running the system you want.

Now what?

4. kgtuning

kgtuning MDL Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Can you install and play the demo of RE2? I run a Unmodified LTSC and can play the demo without issue. Not sure about the full game.

5. iFlaX

iFlaX MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I'm sorry but your best option is to install a untouched copy of LTSC or a regular edition.

6. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    and remember that LTSB/LTSC builds are not for gaming.

7. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017
    I'd like to try that - where do you get the demo?

This issue also happens with full installs of W10.

Why?

8. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    thats a real :poop:

9. iFlaX

iFlaX MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Hm, okay. The demo used to be on Steam, not sure it's there anymore.

10. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017
    I should of mentioned that I looked for it on Steam.

If it's around, I'll try it - it doesn't make any sense that one game (bfv) works, but another (re2) doesn't... at least, I don't know why.

11. iFlaX

iFlaX MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Maybe the source of your copy is a faulty one.

12. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017
    I've tried two different sources :(

Is there a way to stack trace in windows? How do I look at the log and what log would it be?

13. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    -delete-

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    I've got LTSC on my gaming machine and it plays every game I throw at it.
    LTSC still has all the xbox and game bar stuff too, so the myth that it's not for gaming is just BS.

15. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    My favorites by far are:
    Halo CE 1.0.10 and GTA V ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. kgtuning

kgtuning MDL Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Definitely a myth. LTSC games just fine. Xbone controller syncs up perfect too.

Hmm, yeah I got it from steam. I just looked on steam and its in my library but can't get to the store page.

17. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    There is difference between "chopping" & "disabling",also it is not "few folks" but majority of folks that prefer running a full install/full install with disabled components instead of chopping things using msmg toolkit.

Some people also like living on the edge by indulging in extreme adventure sports without sustaining injuries but that doesn't make it mainstream & a viable alternative of good old beach vacation.Efficiency depends on situation,a gamer playing games 5 hours a day on a full win 10 install is more efficient than a gamer running a "minimized win 10" playing games 5 hours a day after spending 6 hours on forums trying to fix issues.

My advice was given with good intentions but you think otherwise which is something I can't do anything about.

Basic troubleshooting starts with assuming you have a trouble in the first place.If you are not even willing to assume the possibility that it maybe your "minimized win 10" at fault then how are you going to troubleshoot.You didn't even post the details of how & what you did to get your "minimized win 10" but you expect people to troubleshoot just based on "logs you think required".For all we know,you might have pressed a wrong key while running some debloating script/msmg toolkit resulting in some essential windows component getting broken resulting in this mess.BF-V working on this win 10 install doesn't mean anything because it is not RE2.A windows pc is not like a calculator where one can assume that if 2+2 is working then 2+3 should also work.

18. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017

Threadkiller much?

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #19 Yen, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Maybe a dumb question, but do you run the latest GPU drivers?
    Have you looked at the event viewer to figure what has crashed?

What about to kill any task that has *Nahimic*sequence in their names (taskmanager)

Is it an Asus board?

20. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    @Pearj You are using web version of the directx redist installer? Try the offline redist. Also Error: (0x80040154) - Class not registered seem like a serious issue and the cause is unknown to me.

Also if you screwed up building a bad OS image you are to diagnose the problem yourself and restoring ripped feature one by one if you can't figure the fault relation until it works, because non of us would've known without extensive listing of what you did in ripping. I personally use NTLite and built dozen of bad images until i perfected the understanding why it broke and bad builds don't happen again.