Lubuntu install issue plz help me

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BabySitter, Sep 6, 2014.

1. BabySitter

BabySitter MDL Junior Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Hello please read this and be patient ^_^
    I have an OLD PC with asus p5sd2 -vm motherboard with Win 7 32-bit installed but its not working and showing Windows recovery options every time i open the computer this occur after installing AVG free antivirus 2014 on it and performing a virus scan and deleting some threats i dont know how to fix it and what does it means ? so i decided to install Lubuntu instead so i go directly to Lubuntu.net and hit download in the upper side of the page and choose the standard PC 32-bit cuz its an old pc then i used unetbootin as they recommended ( unetbootin for windows cuz i used it in win 8.1 and xp) then i browse the ISO and hit ok and when it finished i clicked exit.

Next step is installing the lubuntu on my old PC i attached the USB flash to the old PC and start hitting F8 and choose the flash drive to boot from it everything is alright till now.
    then the menu appears started with Default then Try lubuntu with out install and other options THE PROBLEM IS that when i choose any option by clicking Enter everything freeze and i cant use the keyboard so i must power off or restart the PC

And plz note that i cant find the usb flash drive in the boot device priority i only find it in the menu when i pressing F8 (please select boot device screen)

And note that I think the hard drive was facing some issues in the past

oh i forget to say that the lubuntu on the flash drive working fine in another computer

Please guys i need ur help and thank u in advance ^_^

2. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    You can't install from windows environment - F8 loads MS-DOS, you need Grub4Dos to load the ISO. As the USB is not seen by bios it is probably due to it not being bootable.

Unetbootin for windows is unreliable - use Rufus instead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Whazzupsuperfly

In case of Asus mobos, pressing F8 opens boot device selection menu.

4. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Oh, thanx, my bad... then IDK, could be hardware incompatibility maybe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    #5 BabySitter, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    (OP)
    Yeah finally it was a hardware incompatibility I take off the Graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 210) and now Lubuntu working BUT i have some issues :

1-The computer become very very slow and lag after installing Lubuntu
    :( and specification is very old Celeron processor with 1g ram

2- How can i use my Nvidia geforce 210 since Lubuntu refuse to open and show me a black screen when i try to put it in motherboard again.

3-I cant find any partitions or any thing else
    :mad: why this happening ? I remember that i choose to delete the "corrupt" old windows 7 and install Lubuntu during installation progress "not" install Lubuntu beside Windows 7 so whats wrong with this old garbage PC ?

4-photos and texts is or everything is unclear.

5-I have another language installed and its not working perfectly specially in the internet

6-What about drivers ? is Lubuntu need drivers ? if so where can i get them ? I use ASUS P5sd2-vm.

7-I think the hard disk has a serious problem bad sector or something ! optimal way to repair it ?

Thank u and plz have a good day :D

6. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    #6 Superfly, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  7. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    I even don't know how to install new programs or drivers I think I will go back to Xp.
    It was a very bad idea to use lubuntu :mad:

8. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    I installed XP and i wonder if Lubuntu left some remains ? i will tell u what i did first i put the Win xp CD then i found 2 partitions and the rest of hard disk space is called unpartitioned space and i deleted these 2 partitions and now all the space is unpartitioned then i made new partitions C D .. and format C then install xp
    And i notice that the hard disk space is bout 150G or less knowing that its 160G is that a bad s
    I really appreciate ur help

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Run GParted from a LiveCD - check if any Linux partitions are there that Windows can't see.

10. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    #10 BabySitter, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    (OP)
    sorry i forgot to ask this
    Is Deleting Linux/Lubuntu partitions will completely remove Lubuntu and everything related to Linux/Lubuntu and all changes made by Lubuntu/Linux to the computer right ?

11. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010

Yup..:tea:

12. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Yes, if you delete it you will lose all documents, photos, videos, bookmarks, music, etc. BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA.