M1300 tablet O/S stopped after SP3 update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by teckyone, Jul 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. teckyone

teckyone MDL Novice

May 28, 2011
    I got a M1300 motion computing tablet off Ebay, Original owner put win 7 on it,has factory oem sticker of Win xp on it. At some point it said not genuine so I did the WMA thing to validate, all was well then when SP3 came out and auto downloaded it, it regejected and I got Non-genuine again. I guess you have a time limit to fix the error, but I got busy, after about 27 days, my computer will only boot to the splash screen and I can get int othe bios, not much after that, I can only change some things in the bios with the PEN. Comp didn't come w/ keyboard, (so I cant even attatch one now bcause it won't load drivers with NO O/S working. Does anyone think that because I waited too long to fix genuine error, the O/s just stopped? and basicly gave me a useless comp? What to do next??? Load win 7 on a USB and try to load/launch win 7???:hypo:

2. ippytattoo

ippytattoo MDL Senior Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Are you saying that you have gotten SP3 for Win7? AFAIK there is no such thing yet so either you have an xp install modified to look like Win7 which could be causing your problems depending on what the original owner messed with. If that is the case you need to post this in the XP forum. Or you are a time traveler and I would like to know where your time machine is. J/K. Try taking a look at the system properties to figure out exactly which version you have and then do a repair install or restore from the proper media and you should be good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...