M60J BIOS IMAGE 0x00000 - 0x3FFFFF!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by FiTTiLA, Jul 18, 2010.

1. FiTTiLA

FiTTiLA MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2010
    Hello everybody,

I have dead ASUS M60J after BIOS update. Last four weeks I tried almost all possible technics ( it was in "the service" also, but the guys there told me that my motherboard is burned :eek:) that I found in internet, but my baby is still dead, no ligths, no noise, no ventilator, like the song of Depeche mode - Enjoy the silence. Finaly I resolder the flash chip - SST25VF032B and read it. Probably during the flash procedure, somehow the bootblock is damaged, probably because of that, the standard technics don't work.

Finaly the main problem is that my company send me in Paraguay, because some job has to be done and I'm in the middle of nowhere, without laptop, just a old PC infront of me.

Here is a image of file, that I read.
    rapidshare.com/files/407373961/original_0x000000_0x3FFFFF.bin

If somebody could help me with image of the flash, it will be great!

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Why not just send away for a pre programmed bios chip, plenty of places on the net for that. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FiTTiLA

FiTTiLA MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2010
    Very good idea, actualy I don't know where ... Could you tell me please, where I could try?

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Do a search.on Ebay for "Bios chip". For sure there will be someone there that will have the correct chip. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FiTTiLA

FiTTiLA MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2010
    I checked there, but I didn't find BIOS about my laptop ... but anywhere I already sent mails with request to some of the bios chip sellers there.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. FiTTiLA

FiTTiLA MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2010
    I already sent them request mail, but till now there isn't workable solution.

8. FiTTiLA

FiTTiLA MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2010
    Unbelievable, till now nobody could help me, I wrote to all bios repair companies ... nobody has solution. Just for informations, I downloaded from Intel datasheet of the P55 chipset - w--.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/322169.pdf, paragraph "5.24 SPI", after that you will understand what I mean. No more only BIOS inside ... at least Management Engine, GbE and also some other stuffs, which describes the current configuration. It will be bright future ... for modifications ...

9. darcy

darcy MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    Hi,
    get the original bios from asus here...(www dot)
    asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=pAWDOlwZMb508qWy&content=download

Use an external eprom programer to re-wrire the bios image to the chip.
    if this does not work because the chip is damaged then purchace a new chip...

found one here (http)
    ://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1pcs-SST25VF032B-SST-25VF032B-25VF032-Bios-Flash-/220639332766?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motherboards&hash=item335f21099e

again you will have to load the bios using an external programer

once complete re-solder the chip back onto your board.

(i presume that you already have an external eprom programer as you say that you were able to read the chip after you removed it... check that you have any jumpers or switches set correctly for writing before programing)

hope this helps

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If you do manage to get bios chip also buy a surface mount socket for it.