Mac Defender on purpose?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jabbawok, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jabbawok

jabbawok MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2009
    I have Snow Leopard running in a VMware VM and would like to infect the system with the Mac Defender variants for testing purposes. Does anyone know how I can do this? I haven't found any download links so far. This is a legit question.

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    You have PM.

Still...

:suicide: Use at your own risk! :suicide:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jabbawok

jabbawok MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2009
    Hey thanks for that. Don't worry I'll be careful. I'm a Windows user and am in the habit of second guessing and constantly looking over my shoulder. :p

4. Nichole Green

Nichole Green MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2011
    I have mac installed on my pc for some months now and till now i have not experienced any problem related to viruses or worms…the reason for that is i think mac itself is a very secure operating system and in addition to that it comes with a wide range useful softwares and tools to ensure the efficient working of mac….

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    That's true. Still - the more popular a platform becomes - the more targeted (in terms of malware) it will be. And this is (to a large extend) why PCs/Windows is dominating in that area. If the Mac ever manages to become more popular, I am sure it will also be exploited more...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...