Mac Os Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SCraPy, Sep 11, 2009.

1. SCraPy

SCraPy MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Hi people, im new here :)

I have some questions about this OS.

First... where i can get it? there is a final version?
    Second... I saw like 2 weeks ago a image of 6gbs, i think... i dont remember :D
    Well the question is, i need a DVD9 to burn it?

Thanks! :)

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #3 Myrrh, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #4 FuzzyMaster, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Yeah, I've read the rules, which when taken alongside of what is actually happening implies that either Operating Systems or Microsoft products in general are not considered "warez" - or the rules are just not well enforced.

I'm not going to argue anything with the admins, it's their site, they can run it as they see fit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SCraPy

SCraPy MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Is just for test a program, i dont want to use it more of that... so.. i dont think is a good idea buy it, and 29 dollars in my country is more of that... :p
    And you dont need put a link or torrent, you can just say "yeah... check in the site of piratebay bla bla bla, look the name of torrent bla bla bla" or something that.

Exist a evalutation copy?

6. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    another divide by 0? oh no!

i will strip and filter other parts of the [this] conversation, i dont know if piracy is right or wrong based on your socio-geo-ECO-politico existence. now lets focus on this 2nd part. why it does not have the power PC instructions? short answer :YOU JUST DONT NEED IT [UNLESS YOU ARE A DEV].
    long answer [w/o caps]: ppc is a complex instruction set CPU's aka cisc and its not risc, unless you know what are instruction sets and registers and pipes, i would suggest you are wasting your time. the stripped version is good enough for evaluating. and secondly i will also avoid if 29$ is worth spending or not. if you are so concerned? then try get the source from the apple site. yes the basic source. rather the DNA of the skeleton which is the most important is offered to public for free, and you can obtain it for free, and apple doesnt charge a penny. and thats the same with M$ too, it doesnt charge a penny for the CLI of the framework and yes the framework is for free to all and they can make as much OS hacks as they want, and thats not all they even give the service pack DNA also, if you are in Code premium partner [which is also free and also a smart card to access the M$'s central code repo] and this is not the stripped edition. and lastly? if you are so worried and you are justifying the move of yours that you dont want to spend 29$ for a 30 day trial apple has a solution for you, apple supports the x86, x86_64 and ppm and ppm64 absolutely for free and the OS is also for free, all you need is to move your eyes of this product and try those. they are under gnu gpl apart from aspl [apple's source program licence] and get SUA and/or cygwin or ppc/ppc64 and x86, x86_64 and start hacking.
    hey hacker, the route is yours, you hack it the way you want, no hacker will hate it. happy hacking let the force be with you. and secondly if you are here to argue for the sake of argue as why to spend 29$ and why ppc and ppm modules are stripped you need to find the answer yourself, because the whole thing is a big divide by 0. and lastly the apple machines use uefi and tpm to make those packages work, unless you want to have windows vista/windows 7 and or windows server 2008 /windows server 2008 r2 with out slp then go ahead, go grab the source from tianocore and grab the vs 2005/vs2008 and hack yourself. and need help ask. :-D
    hope the confusions are cleared. the important thing here is information sharing, and sorry if i did hurt sentiments has nothing to do with piracy.

SO IF I DID HURT SENTIMENTS, DONT GET SENTIMENTAL, I DIDNT MEAN IT. THIS IS INFORMATION SHARING. AND I DID THAT ONLY. NO OFFENSE GIVEN NONE TAKEN. thank you.

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #8 Myrrh, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    I'm sorry duh, but none of that makes any sense at all to me. My question was simply this:

Versions prior to Snow Leopard supported both the Intel and PowerPC architecture Macs, so I could understand why that ISO requires a dual layer DVD. It has a lot of code, it has to be able to boot and run on two completely different platforms.

Snow Leopard contains only Intel compatible code and won't boot or run on the old PowerPC Macs at all, so in theory it should be half as big, right? Why's it still so huge?

8. loretha

loretha MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009