Mac OS X on PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by YourDailyVittles, Oct 28, 2013.

1. YourDailyVittles

YourDailyVittles MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2013
    Anyone knows like Tutorial? or in VMWare!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Ahem... see the second post.

:vertag:

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    "ZackehSoul" on YouTube has tutorials and links to VMWare images created for Mountain Lion and Mavericks (released, not Developer Preview).
    The ML image is a no-brainer. The Mavericks image needs VMWare modified before use. Instructions and modded files are in the download. They both run great on my computer.

If you want to install OS X directly on your PC, then follow the links that Tito has provided.

5. IMAXuOUT

IMAXuOUT MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    Hi;

I have Mac Os X Mavericks installed on VMWare workstation.
    i was wondering if it is possible to backup an image of of osx via the disk utility and than restore it to another physical drive and than install a boot loader and kext mobdin kernel for amd and boot directly from the hdd instead of vmware.

6. Garfield9992003

Garfield9992003 MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2012
    Are there any workarounds for virtualbox? Or is it possible to install now without modifications?

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Intel machines = Fairly Easy
    AMD Machine = PITA even in VMWare

I even have a pre-made AMD VMWare image of OSX Lion and it won't boot

8. IMAXuOUT

IMAXuOUT MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    does your motherboard support hardware and software Virtualization (VT-x and VT-d)
    if it does check your bios to sea if it is enabled . because i have a amd athelon X2 64bit dual core processor and all i needed was to enable
    Virtualization in the bios and than install the vmware unlocker for mac and it creates a virtual intel dual core processor and it is working great with Mavericks.

9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Yea it does, and it is enabled, but I always get a fatal CPU error and the virtual machine is shutdown just as it reaches the Apple boot logo

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i saw in some HCL they needed to turn off one of them, not sure if VT-d or x

11. IMAXuOUT

IMAXuOUT MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    #11 IMAXuOUT, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    in vmware what is your cpu and memory configuration ?
    also you might want to get either the mobdin kernel from leohazard sl or the amd kernel from niresh 10.8.2
    you can also try using qemu to install os x on an amd processor.

good luck.

12. IMAXuOUT

IMAXuOUT MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    #12 IMAXuOUT, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Question when you reach the apple logo is this before the installation or after because you should try installing it from scratch without a prebuilt image or a vmdk. just download the retail iso and boot with nawcom mod cd.

13. =)(=

=)(= Guest

VMware tools does not fully on Mavericks, you can't change resolution :(

I stick to 10.8 VMware image for now.

14. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Ive tried a few different configs, normally 8 cores & 4GB RAM, but I've tried right down to 1 core and 1GB and same issue

Tried changing those options too, no dice

Both, if I try installing from scratch it does the same thing, slightly different message but still about the CPU and tells me to power off the VM

Tried with the mod CD, it just resets when I hit F5 to boot from the OSX ISO and dies at Apple logo again

VMWare image just halts at Apple logo with CPU error

15. IMAXuOUT

IMAXuOUT MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    I can try to make you a vmdk that will work on your machine but you will have to give me some time.

16. Gmas79

Gmas79 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2012
    @=)(= Are you tried manually set monitor resolution? I had to force it in VM-Settings-Display-Specify monitor settings.
    Auto resize not working. :mad:

17. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Sure if you have the time, that would be great :)

18. Koh Jun Dong

Koh Jun Dong MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2013
    Hey! Heard about Hackintosh? :)Search it in Google.
    OS X Mavericks is easily obtainable since it was free, simply get it on the pirate bay website!;)
    Installing on PC is hard, really hard:(, You need compatible hardware, which is of course really rare!:biggrin:
    Installing in VMvare is easier, go for that. :D:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Here installed Mavericks in vmware but still problems with Launcher and with Safari.Installed on laptop but here are problems too: wifi and hardware acceleration...But I trying to tweak the system...:D

20. ThatKitten

ThatKitten MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Yes. As far as I know you can install 32 bit OS X 10.6 into virtualbox. I have seen some with mountain lion. (And as apple says...if it can run M.lion it can run mavericks.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...