[DISCUSSION] Macrium Reflect

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by vigipirate, Oct 26, 2015.

Just Re Checked & yes you are absolutely correct as it upgrades to 5840 Beta via a macrium reflect patch of about 200 plus MB in size downloaded at %temp% directory of OS.
    But :confused: why they havent released that beta update n why just a patch download via reflect UI.

1. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    8..5903 final

2. vigipirate

Feb 24, 2011
    8..5903 final patch activation x86 for futur v portable bloked serial mtp x86 7.2.. not works

3. Earthnet

Earthnet MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2018
    Hi. Is there a solid way to permanently activate Macrium 8.x just yet? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vigipirate

Feb 24, 2011
    I don't think I will buy the

5. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. vigipirate

Feb 24, 2011
    key to nothing leaves as its surely your boot system partition of windows macrium you recognize it in unallocated but it exists especially not touch it otherwise windows will not start any more error bcd blue screen with error 0xc00000 ..... or worse

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I don't think so, because I remember it being there BEFORE the installation of Win 7. I assumed that the install media would wipe and format the whole disk before the actual installation, but afterwards I saw it was still there. Also: it is to the left of the windows partition, cannot be accessed by macrium and only be united with the windows partition if it is on the right side of it... ?

8. vigipirate

Feb 24, 2011
    ok recup aomei assistant partition resize

9. Hal2000

Hal2000 MDL Junior Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Its your boot partition even if you formatted the disk windows 7 would have recreated it .Make sure to have rescue media up to date your going to have to do a restore.

10. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    No... still works perfectly... Will that partition also be on the clone I made of my installation?

11. gollum

gollum MDL Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Any of you folks here figured out a way to make Macrium Reflect Win PE and the ReDeploy function working with the patches out there on the Internet? I am on Version 8.0.6036, creating rescue media and inserting drivers and all that works. Rescue media boots fine, has all regular functions available but when i call the ReDeploy function (to adjust an image to new hardware), it tells me its the trial version and there is no ReDeploy. Any awesome patch guys around able to fix that behavior? Any hints as to what I could try else? Except from paying 60 bucks for a once-off job i will probably never need again?

12. MPT doesnt work with 8 somebody else modded MPT ptch working great at my side with working redeploy . pl search on scloud ws

13. gollum

gollum MDL Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Thank you for your kind reply. Please elaborate on what you mean by "search cloud ws" - i think I heard that name before but am not familiar. I would like to take a look around, although I won't be patching Macrium any further. I now bought a 4x pack License and shared it with some 3 friends. Good enough for me. ReDeploy works (side story: didn't help my initial problem though, transferring an image from an Intel Gen 6 platform to an Intel Evo Gen 11 Platform using Optane - ReDeploy did integrate the correct drivers, but the target system would still BSOD with an intel Optane triggered fault) - well spent money, I will be using this more often now.

I wish to add an observation regarding patched vs. licensed: Macrium Reflect loads functions faster and seems to run smoother overall in the licensed version. I interprete this as another clear hint that the patch is very sloppy (or not working at all), it appears to just turn of the trial counter by some simple hex edit of the exe files and that of course leads to unpredictable behavior whenever Reflect checks on the License, which it seems to do quite often.

14. evan968

evan968 MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2019
    To get redeploy working open waik executable in some resource editor and extract taskbar.exe. There is four of them, trial and full, 32-bit and 64-bit.
    They are under DAT, under name 137 (x86, full), 153 (x64, full), 168 (x86, trial) and 169 (x64, trial).
    After that mount wim and just replace trial taskbar.exe with full taskbar.exe.

15. alorsnon

alorsnon MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    or before creating the wim file,

With a resource editor open the file WAIKFiles25x64.exe

Save the resource DAT137.bin
    Replace resource 168 by DAT137.bin

Save resource DAT153.bin
    Replace resource 169 with DAT153.bin

Save the file WAIKFiles25x64.exe

16. 7zip does the job accurately . why using resource editor.

extract waikfiles cab from macrium installer using 7zip
    again extract waikfiles exe from waikfiles cab via 7zip
    now open waikfiles.exe using 7 zip selecting # from menu
    then extract the big sized taskbar from it to any path.
    then rename it to taskbar.exe.
    replace it in winpe wim file programfiles/macrium.

thats all done.

17. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    Macrium_Reflect_v8.1.7280
    does anyone know where to find the unlocked taskbar.exe in the new version
    Under DAT I can't find it anymore in the waikfile.