MagiskSU Is Now Revamped :)

Discussion in 'Android' started by NST_Adventure, May 21, 2021.

1. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    #1 NST_Adventure, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    We got new state info from topjohwu

Now Magisk are continue to get update
    But sadly magisk hide and module feature will removed due to google policy

Magisk revamp make magisk more powerfull
    Magisk now will run on Zygote process that make magisk and it's feature more powerfull
    there is hope to magisk hide feature comeback

FAQ:

1. Can we still able to install module?

Yes you can
    but unfortunately need download manual directly from github page

2. Can we still able to hide magisk root?

For now? No this feature no longer maintenanced by topjohwu

This feature still present in last version (23) before revamp but remember this feature may not work forever as this feature discontinued

3. Can i keep use version before revamp?
    Yes but it's not recommend since it's outdated and you cannot update your os (see v23 spoiler)

You still able to use magisk v23 and below
    But this version is old and outdated version right before revamp you may face a issues or problem also you only able to use android maximum version 11

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    is magisk dead, both yes and no. it's partially irrelevant because being open source, so, someone else could continue. still you might be missing bigger point.

android is basically controlled by google. where apple abuses freebsd to create ios, then google abuses linux to create android. some users may have illusion or delusion that android is open because core o.s. is open source. android development is controlled by google. android is too much interconnected to google services. many android components are closed like, google play services. bootloader on oem devices is usually locked, it usually means that modifications are difficult.

short version: android is dead for me, even it's based on linux, it does not have linux philosophy in it.

3. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    MOOOOOOOOMMMYYYYYYYY!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    any alternative?

Interesting........from where you get the references?

Indeed GAPPS are close source if you look on my thread on Android section I also post GAPPS alternative

thread updated
    please read again @iota

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

5. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
  6. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2016
    The same was happened to xposed, some one took over now we see edxposed. the same was happened for cyanogen, lineage was born. Same would happen to Magisk too, wait for few weeks

7. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    #7 NST_Adventure, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    (OP)
    bro xposed already ded? nice i already guessing this but i can't confirm

what is that mean?

EXPosed still alive not dead right?

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

8. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2016
    Yes, Xposed was dead long ago (andriod 8) Edxposed is the successor and it is alive and available up to andriod 11. LSPosed xposed frame work is an alternative for Edxposed which is also available for andriod 12.. Most of the xposed modules work in both EdXposed & LSPosed xposed framework

9. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
  10. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    @iota what if i use custom rom? do android still dead there?

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

11. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    postmarketos is based on gnu/linux distribution, meaning, it is not android. it is root by default or sudo. i don't see any reason for magisk or edxposed, because root scripts can run directly. magisk and edxposed requires android u.i. and most likely android kernel, so they don't work anyway.

android emulator is possible on postmarketos, but i don't think many users want to run android apps on gnu/linux.

privacy is far superior to ios and android. unless it's de-googled android then comparison might be complicated.

postmarketos is a operating system, not a device. devices may run ...something. is the question actually: if a device can run postmarketos or customized android, i would pick postmarketos, assuming almost full hardware support.

12. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    #12 NST_Adventure, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    (OP)
    @iota do you think is ok for privacy while using custom rom such as LOS?
    android isn't dead for custom rom right?

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

13. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    by LOS, you probably mean lineageos.
    as of now, maybe so. still de-googling or finding suitable custom rom is annoying. adding bootloader stuff as well.

still, i'm pessimistic about future of android. it will be google's "ios". in a longer run, i think customizations will become difficult.

14. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    well unfortunately too is not possible to replace or at least modify bootloader
    try to do=immediate hardbrick :(

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

15. MrRexio

MrRexio MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2018
    C'mon guys we can't let big companies win this one right?

I remember when back on the day we laughed at Microsoft effort of making windows xp unpirateable (not that I'm fomenting piracy but sometimes stuff works better on with custom scripts for example here in the windows forum people are making win10 completely private)

Even we had a guy called 'SuicideSolution' , thats was the spirit!.

Haha ! jokes aside I'm dealing right now with a Xiaomi MIUI device and it ask for data even for the calculator. Not trying to use a Custom ROM yet so Magisk isn't a thing for me .. but yea I understand how hard it is right now to de-google a stock ROM.

16. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2016
    You people worrying too much, Been using custom rom from the htc days. The custom rom community is very much alive for most of the popular phones not older than 3 - 5 yrs. You just need to unlock the bootloader, flash custom recovery & custom rom of your choice. Lineage is most stable custom rom available right now. Rooting is different, You may skip that if u believe magisk is dying

17. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    you have point there. i was supposed to say unlocking the bootloader. which is possible with some devices and some devices have some catches with it. bootloader itself is what it is.

are we going to let big companies win! no, but i don't think is going happen using google's android platform. my vague guess is within 2 years, android modifications becomes almost unbearable to make. ios is totally controlled by apple, from bootloader to apps. google is heading similar direction.

18. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    @MrRexio
    at this point android lose it's privacy due to google pre installed apps and tracker are everywhere i recommend you move to ios or custom rom or linux os

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

19. iota

iota MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2014
    ios is totally illusional and delusional choice. apple controls everything in ios. it's up to apple how data is used and users do not have even opt-out option. in apple's devices user have zero control, almost on anything.

20. Joel213

Joel213 MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2017
    Have you got a source for Magisk not being continued? Nowhere on John's Twitter or GitHub does he mention that he is stopping development. All he has stated is that as of V22.0 Magisk does not target anything lower than Android 5.0.