MAJOR problem with loader, urgent - please help!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by onefromthemass, Sep 21, 2012.

1. onefromthemass

onefromthemass MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2012
    Hello, I'll try to describe my problem as better as possible.

I've been using daz loader with Windows 7 Ultimate for over a year and it worked fine.

Last night, I left my PC turned on (scanning my disks for problems, maintenance stuff) and when I came back in the morning, a message about not genuine Windows had appeared.

A basic note about what I'll explain is that when my PC boots, there are two options on the operating system menu: Windows 7 and Windows 7 Loader XE. The default option is Windows 7 Loader XE and it automatically gets selected after 1-2 seconds, so it boots with the second option.

This morning, I downloaded and installed the latest daz loader, hoping this would solve the problem. I didn't think of uninstalling the previous loader though. The result: I can't boot with Windows 7 Loader XE anymore. When the system automatically selects to boot with Windows 7 Loader XE, the following message appears:

So I have to pay attention every time I reboot so that I move the arrow keys, so that the Windows 7 Loader XE thing doesn't get selected. Now I boot with Windows 7 (the first option), which has the not genuine message.

I tried too many times uninstalling and reinstalling the loader (both the version I used a year ago and the latest version) but nothing seems to happen.

My most important issue is that I can't make Windows 7 Loader XE disappear from the boot menu. I tried everything: the notes from the readme.txt of daz loader didn't work, neither with the SYS nor with the ALL command. It just won't work and it's still there.

So, what I want now is to remove in some way the Windows 7 Loader XE option in the boot menu COMPLETELY without having to format my hard disk. I have TONS of multimedia professional applictions and plugins and it will take a whole week to reinstall them. And deadlines in work come closer as time goes by.

Please help! Also feel free to ask about any details I forgot to mention.

Thanks!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Its in the loader readme:

Code:
    ##########################################################################
    #   1   -   Recovery
    ##########################################################################
    Is Windows failing to boot after you installed the loader? Just do the following.

* Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk
    * Press and hold SHIFT and then press F10
    * Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes)
    * Restart the PC

Note: If the above doesn't fix your boot issue then use the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" instead. Just make sure you remove all USB flash drives before you use the command.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BobSheep

BobSheep Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2010
    #3 BobSheep, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Why do people not post in the Loader thread? This has got to be the third one this week. Do they think they will get a quicker response?

I generally only look in the loader thread if my time is limited.

I just saw it's the XE Crap Edition. Puke!!!!. Nevermind, the other 2 posters still should've posted in hte correct htread.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    May be ;) :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    What in the hell is Windows Loader XE? People need to know what they are installing onto their PC before they go and just install anything...

6. onefromthemass

Sep 21, 2012
    Wooops sorry guys, I didn't find any Loaders forum, I was too frustrated.

Tito, I did what the notes tell but nothing happened.

Anyway, I realized that this Windows 7 Loader XE is not the daz loader. It's Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition.

I found my way to uninstall this but no loader seems to work now. Not this Extreme Edition, not Daz, not the WAT fix... Phew...

Thanks for trying anyway.

7. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Addicted

Jul 12, 2009
    #7 steven4554, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. Rainey

Rainey MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    This was one the the loaders that were being used back in 2010.
    I am running this Extreme Edition loaded version 3.502 since 2010 like the OP, and it has worked fine all this time. I have taken all updated on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 without any problems.

I have downloaded the Das loader and keep getting the latest version just in case i need it at some point, but have never needed it yet. If it ain't broke don't fix it, so i have not replaced the loader i installed back in 2010.

There were many choices of activation back then and i read a lot and chose the loader option witch is what still works good today.

9. onefromthemass

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, it worked fine for me too until today.

Anyway, I found my solution, which was nothing special actually... Just uninstalled every loader I installed out of anxiety (!), ran the WAT fix and then installed the daz loader.

Caution to whoever faces the same problem: When installing the daz loader, you NEED to go to the validation page on Microsoft.com in the end. Do not be disappointed if the activation fails after the reboot, you need to validate your Windows activation after that and it works.

Thanks for replying guys. :)