MAK Key activation for windows 7 64bit Enterprise edition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Enigmatixz, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Enigmatixz

Enigmatixz MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Ive heard alot on the MAK key way

seems like the good old way to do it....i found 15 keys microsoft published but they dont work

what am i doing wrong?

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You are using the keys that are already blacklisted or have all activations used up

You just need a good key (Technet, MSDN, VL) - sometimes friends can help in such cases

sebus

3. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    those are kms keys for a kms sever to activate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enigmatixz

Enigmatixz MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    Huh I don't understand, what's technetium, msdn, vl??? Are these official MS sites? U have to pay? If that's the case I might as well go and buy a copy from the shop....

5. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Can I ask why you want Enterprise when Ultimate is the same? You don't know what Technet or MSDN are? Yes they are official MS sites, everyone knows them. Bingo that's how you get a MAK key for Enterprise you have to pay, but you should just get Ultimate, much easier....

6. ennio

ennio Guest

My suggestion is the same, use Ultimate key and mod your BIOS. The best way to go.

7. Enigmatixz

Enigmatixz MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    No way am I nodding my bios. I spent over 200 pound for it. I'm not sure what modding it means even but sounds risky.

I have enterprise since I got it from university. I have no other version on bootable cd

8. ennio

ennio Guest

200 for what? You have all editions on your DVD, just search the forum for how to enable all editions.

9. Enigmatixz

Enigmatixz MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2010
    I spent 200 pounds on my motherboard. I dont want to do bios modding on the motherboard.. it sounds risky as hell.

So my win 7 enterprise x64 has all editions?

10. datasurge

datasurge MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2009
    No, it does not. Enterprise is the only disc that differs from the rest. All other discs can be converted to all other versions by a simple deletion of a file from the ISO. There a a couple ways to pull this off, and those methods are posted within these forums.
    To quell your concern over "modding your BIOS", it actually sounds much worse than it really is. I'll try to give you a simple run-down. --

Activation for both Vista and Win7 work one of two ways. The first and most obvious is Retail, which simply has a retail product key, and it activates online or via a phone call to Microsoft. The other, is "OEM" (Original Equipment Manufacturer). This method uses a paired-key system. One key is installed into the BIOS, and the other into the OS. The OS then reads the key that is loaded into memory when you boot your computer, and checks it against the one it loads. If they match, then the OS will activate offline by entering an applicable OEM product-key for that version of Windows.

So, basically all the BIOS mod entails, is injecting 1 of the paired keys into the BIOS. This is done by just downloading a copy of the BIOS rom from your mainboard's manufacturer, then using one of a few simple programs that can work with that brand of bios to inject the key. Then you have to do nothing more for the BIOS than to just flash the new BIOS image as you would to upgrade the BIOS version any other time. Real simple stuff.

There is always a small inheirant risk with flashing the BIOS, but most modern mainboards have ample methods to recover a bad flash, not to mention they're (bad flashes) very rare. I've flashed every one of my machines with ease, and the mod usually takes less than 5 minutes one everything is collected. I've found Asus mainboards to be the easiest by far.

11. ennio

ennio Guest

Then use loaders.
    Find the ei.cfg and delete it. I hope you will get all the version for install.

12. ennio

ennio Guest

I really didn't know that MS is making separate disk for the Enterprise Edition, but I would like to see the results from Enigmatixz.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    MS allways have made seperate disk for enterprise same as for vista.

14. ennio

ennio Guest

God to know. I really didn't paid attention on that. Then, there is no ei.cfg on the EE DVD. Anybody can confirm this?

15. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    LOL, to add confusion i bet it contains both Enterprise and Business... wait, it was in Vista, so in Win7 it should be Professional, i guess... Two versions with Volume licensing.

16. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    SW_DVD5_SA_Win_Ent_7_32BIT_English_Full_MLF_X15-70745

contains ei.cfg
    and ONLY install_Windows 7 ENTERPRISE.clg

so on this disk there is NO professional version

sebus

17. datasurge

datasurge MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2009
    I wonder if anyone has done a full file compare between the Standard and Enterprise discs to see what other files are different.

I suspect there won't be many differences, as of course the only real difference between Ultimate and Enterprise is the activation mechanism, and of course a VLK License. However it would come down to what makes that mechanism engage, as well...whether that is simply some scripting, or some other files that actually differ to remove the requirement for activation.

18. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Not at all, Ent has to be activated as well, by either MAK keys or KSM key + KMS server

It is not worth practically trying to figure out anything, as there is no benefit (unless it is academic interest only)

sebus

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well answered I still can't get it into my head why some people still want enterprise they seem to think this is the best version just because of the name.

20. datasurge

datasurge MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2009
    One specific advantage which applies only to the Enterprise edition is the supplemental subsystem which allows execution of native UNIX binaries (SUA). To my knowledge, this is not available on Ultimate.