Make System wait for Truecrypt dismount

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rvnlord, Aug 1, 2015.

1. rvnlord

rvnlord MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2013
    Hello

Can someone point me to some direction because it works great on windows 7 however on windows 8.1, very often, especially after some updates, when I boot again I got some serious filesystem errors on every truecrypt mounted partition.

Some time ago I figured the cause of this and found a key in regedit I could modify to ensure that windows wait for truecrypt to dismount all paritions on shutdown, however I forgot where it was :(.

Can somebody point me there or tell me a better solution?

I think that some update modified the key I mentioned above cause today I wasn't able to boot because of my windows partiton errors.

Would be grateful for help.

2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I sometimes experienced that delay with Truecrypt. By the way, it's outdated now. Use Veracrypt. It's a new version of Truecrypt that patches the bugs and is compatible with Truecrypt volumes. It's working great on Windows 8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rvnlord

rvnlord MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2013
    Probably my post was a bit chaotic:

1. My encrypted partitons got corrupted on shutdown cuz delay I written in the registry was most likely erased
    2. I don't remember how to introduce this again

I am going to use Veracrypt I am in the middle of upgrading Win 8.1 to Win 10, but I installed updates first and after reboot all partiions got corrupted, I wasn't able to boot at all, now I am repairing my volumes under another system.

So If you use Veracrypt your partitions doesn't get corrupted on reboot in windows ten, without modyfying the registry? I plan to have encrypted 5 partitions separately C (System), D, E, F, G. Can You please confirm this?

And thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help.

4. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Sorry, I don't create encrypted partitions, just volumes. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...