Makind SSD as install media?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NiHiLisT, Jan 26, 2010.

1. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Why not?

A HDD is generally bootable, so as long as the disk is marked active and containing the proper MBR there shouldnt be any problems...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I have read bad reports about the V Series Kingston SSDs - I would not buy one - APC magazine said if they were less then $100 with unlimited warranty they would still not recommend one - they have poor controller logic, have very poor write results and will lose performance over time as they do not support TRIM.

4. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks guys.

The new V Series SSD Now+ supports the TRIM. and they are around 200 €. I have seen some new test and they are fine. I just want to have them as an OS Booster, since 7 has integrated TRIM.

5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    It is worth installing your OS on a good SSD - it is the best upgrade I have made. I don't know if installing 2 in a RAID makes any difference.