Making a custom brand theme for logon screen, system properties etc?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Galane, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    A multi OEM Win 7 install identified my MPC laptop as an Acer, rather than a Samsung (which is the actual manufacturer). It wouldn't ID as an MPC since that company went under in 2008.

Using the MPC logo SVG file from Wikipedia as a starting point, I want to make a custom branding theme to replace all the Acer logo graphics and company information. Not that a phone number defunct since 2008 would do anyone any good, but at least it'd be the right one. ;)

Thanks to Serg008 I have the BIOS modded, just need the branding stuff to complete the illusion that MPC ain't dead. If only I could obtain an original MPC Vista OEM recovery disc to pull the files from...

2. ypvs

ypvs MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2013
    All the OEM branding images go in windows/system32/oobe/info folder. All seem to be jpg files. backgrounddefault can't be bigger than 256kb. In general, copy the logo image, open a new file the size of your screen resolution, paste the logo and move to required position, save as background default or wallpaper. Move to info folder.

Badge on system properties is png file

If you right click Open with > / Word pad on the reg files in the oem folder on the dvd you will see which reg keys give the OEM info. Modify to suit with regedit