Making a service "unstoppable". // Using gpmc.msc without a domain.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xagonyx, Feb 16, 2014.

1. xagonyx

xagonyx MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    Hi, my cousin is the owner of a cibercafe (mostly oriented to online games) with almost 30 PCs. We use NetLimiter 3 to control the bandwidth of each computer, but the problem is, some users know how to stop the service. We use 2 administrator accounts, and yeah, the "public" account needs to be an admin because some games have problems if not. The only real answer i've found so far is to use GPOs with the RSAT, but everytime i try to use it, it says that i need to connect to a domain (which we don't have).

1. Is there a way to make a process unstoppable?
    2. Is there a way to restrict the "public" admin rights over services?
    3. How can i create a domain without failing in the process?

Thank you in advance community.

Edit. If i can get gmpc.msc to work, i don't mind configuring each PC.

2. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    domain means active directory, you would need a windows server, all computers will then depend on the server, they will get the GPOs from it at login, it can be a solution because there will be admin rights on local computer, and domain rights from server, but i don't think this is the best solution for a cybercafe

i think you should be able to restrict a service to an account, did you check the properties in the service?
    but in general i think you should not give admin rights, better to give lowest rights, then "unlock" what you need
    and don't forget for the games, don't give rights to admin groups (all users with admin rights) but only to an account (having admin rights, but not the one the user log in with)

otherwise there is some router doing bandwidth restrictions, or you can dedicate a computer as a router with bandwith management

3. xagonyx

xagonyx MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    I'm gonna try a server solution (domain) with bandwidth management, thank you very much for the answer.