Making my own SLCI 2.1 Code for OEM W7 Home Preimum Acer/Gateway/NV5807U

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Windows7User, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Windows7User

Windows7User MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2010
    I have a Gateway/Acer Notebook (Model NV5807U Phoenix BIOS) Which came with Windows Vista Home Premium (it has a SLIC 2.0 Table says Everest) I have a Windows 7 upgrade Disc that I got with the computer, as part of Gateway's/Microsoft's Free Upgrade Program as I bought the Computer Back in November 2009 Before Windows 7 was officially released and I want to make a 2.1 SLIC using my own license key (I don't want to use the Infamous Acer Key that is already out there I want to use my OWN key and license information) I reinstall alot so a SLIC code would help the activation issue and hopefully pass the new WAT test
    I know how to flash BIOS and I have done it on Notebooks before and I am confident that I can do it right I just need to know how to Use my OWN information in the SLIC 2.1 table

I have read up on the subject and I just need to know how to extract the Windows 7 Home Premium License Information from the computer So I can add the information to to BIOS

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Which part is difficult to understand?

You get modded BIOS (or mod it yourself with any available bios.bin that you want - all are avialble here)
    You have a corresponding OEM certificate (xrm-ms) that you install you install with slmgr -ilc
    and then you install SLP key with slmgr -ipk

Done

sebus

3. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #3 FreeStyler, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You can not use your own key, your own key is OEM:NONSLP (this is the key attached to to Windows 7 upgrade disc)
    For OEM activation to work you HAVE to use a OEM:SLP key

Here is the list of requirements to meet the OEM activation spefication:
    1. Modded or Emulated SLIC 2.1 BIOS
    2. Matching OEM Certificate
    3. OEM:SLP Key for the SKU you are installing

Code:
    BIOS with SLIC 2.1
           ↓
            → Cert that matches SLIC in BIOS
                           ↓
                            → SLP Licensing Mode unlocked
                                           ↓
                                            → a OEM:SLP Key for the SKU you are installing
                                                           ↓
                                                            → Windows 7 Activated

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I would suggest you pick the same OEMCreatorID as it has in your current 2.0 SLIC bios
    Look in everest what your current OEMCreatorID is set to.