Malwarebytes: RiskWare.Tool.CK

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Holden von Vloppen, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Holden von Vloppen

Holden von Vloppen MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2010
    I ran the KMS Activator to activate MS Office 2010. However, a Malwarebytes scan has flagged the install as such:
    The KMS Activator runs great. MS Office runs without a hitch. I'm thinking this is either a mistakenly false flag or the developers of Malwarebytes are just in kahoots with Microsoft and are deliberately false flagging the KMS activator as malware.

Am I right?

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    They probably are :D

I recently got PUM.Hijack.StartMenu - which after some research - I found that it was triggered because I simply changed some shortcuts on the Start Menu :rolleyes:

Still, AntiMalware is a great tool though. False positives will always exist, so we just have to learn and live with them o_O

3. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jpl327

jpl327 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    I had PC Matic flag the KMS Emulator as the trojan meredrop. Knowing full well that this was a false positive I white listed and proceeded with my clean up. PC Matic still counted it as malware and removed it from my system. My question is can I just run the ez activator again to reinstall the KMS Emulator as a service or is it more complicated than that?

5. Holden von Vloppen

Holden von Vloppen MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2010
    You should be able to. After MBam uninstalled KMS, I just reinstalled it and it's working fine.

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    This is emulates KMS Services for activation;

Only false-positive...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jpl327

jpl327 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    #7 jpl327, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    I did get it working. From Cody's E-Z activator I uninstalled the Office 2010 Auto KMS and then reinstalled it. I'm back up to perpetual 180 days remaining grace status. I did figure out also that even though the option to white list the "threat" exits in PC Matic it disregards this instruction and will uninstall it every time. I can't figure out a tactful way to address the issue with them so for now I'll just let it go.