Manage wireless networks GUI gone???

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by anthonykash, May 25, 2013.

1. anthonykash

anthonykash MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2012
    From my readings and searching the manage wireless/saved networks is gone in the control panel in win 8. You can still manage your networks via command line, but I'd still like a nice gui to make it easier for me. I found one at The Windows Club called "wifi profile manager 8", but it's partially broken. It doesn't always work and is buggy at best. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any other tools out there. I've searched and couldn't find one. Thanks guys for the help.

2. donalgodon

donalgodon MDL Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Noticed that also. I have a mixed network and since I connected to one band, the other band (named differently) has completely vanished. I cannot figure out how to connect to it if the computer won't "see" it.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    in device manager .. make sure the advanced tab settings are correct. (im glad i didnt buy into the windows 8 GUI shuffle)

4. anthonykash

anthonykash MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2012
    I've looked in device manager and don't see any advanced settings tab. From my readings the manage wireless networks GUI has been removed by MS.

5. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
    Actually you manage the wireless networks from the same place that you connect to them.
    In the network list, which where you select which wireless network to connect to, right-click on the saved network to manage it.
    Hope this helps.