Manually updating Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Happpy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, All!

I've my PC at home which has original Windows 7 but not have Internet on it. So at my office, I've Internet available on that (office's) PC. So now I want to update my house Windows, so what can I do to do this? How can I download patches of Windows 7 updates (like patches of an Antivirus) and manually update my house Windows? OR if you have any other idea then tell me please?

Regards,

2. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    How about asking you questions or reading documentation on Autopatcher webpage or forums.

4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
  6. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    take a look

7. SofiaBrown

SofiaBrown MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2010
    Update drivers in Windows 7 is necessary when a hardware device doesn't install automatically, when the hardware is having some kind of problem, or as part of some other troubleshooting with the hardware.

Download the latest drivers from the hardware manufacturer's website.

Open Device Manager from the Control Panel in Windows 7.

With Device Manager open, locate the hardware device that you want to update the drivers for.

Note: Navigate through the categories of hardware devices by clicking the [+] icon. Specific hardware devices are listed under the major hardware categories.

After finding the hardware you're updating drivers for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and choose Properties. In this Properties window, click the Driver tab.

Click the Update Driver... button.

Note: The Update Driver Software wizard will begin.

On the How do you want to search for driver software? window, click on Browse my computer for driver software.

In the next window labeled Browse for driver software on your computer, click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, located at the bottom of the window.

Click the Have Disk... button located under the text box.

Click the Browse... button on the Install From Disk dialog box that appeared.

In the Locate File dialog box that appears next, navigate to the folder that you extracted as part of the driver download in Step 1 above. There may be multiple folders within the extracted folder so be sure to work your way to the one for Windows 7 if it exists. Don't worry if you don't find one labeled for Windows 7.

Click the INF file that displays in the file list and click the Open button.

Note: INF files are the only files that Device Manager accepts for driver setup information. See the tips at the bottom of the page for some INF file troubleshooting.

Click the OK button back on the Install From Disk dialog box.

Choose the newly added hardware in the text box and then click the Next > button.

If you're prompted with a message warning you about how the device driver may not be compatible with your hardware, click the Yes button to continue installing the driver. Many drivers are not Windows 7 certified but are still perfectly safe to install.

Important: If you're installing a driver obtained from anywhere other than the manufacturer of the hardware, click the No button instead and obtain drivers from the manufacturer directly.

The Windows 7 Update Driver Software wizard will now use the instructions provided in the INF file from Step 10 to install the updated drivers for your hardware.

Follow any additional instructions on screen to complete the driver update.

You may be prompted to restart your computer after the driver update is complete.

8. adstark021

adstark021 MDL Novice

May 7, 2013
    slipstream!:biggrin:

9. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #11 PhaseDoubt, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    You can download updates individually, but that will take a very long time. Can you get connected to the internet and let Windows Update do its thing? If you have no plans to maintain constant internet connectivity, download SP1 and install it and stop there. Most critical updates are for enhanced security but if your machine is not going to be web connected, you're at very little risk.

I have one computer that's a totally standalone computer ... NO web connection. I don't even run AV or a firewall. I do have a system image I can restore if need be but unless I do something really stoopid such as plug in an infected flash drive i just don't worry about it.

10. hellowasif

hellowasif Guest

Go for WHD its easy to use and it has man other functions as well ...