Maxthon Browser Sends Sensitive Data to China

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Katzenfreund, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  2. TaZMaNiaK

TaZMaNiaK MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    Anyone who thinks anything from China is "secure" and "protects privacy" deserves to be hacked and have their data stolen. :rolleyes:

3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Jesus... has it never occurred to you that EVERYBODY, EVERYWHERE hacks and steals your data ????

You seem to be the last person that has right to speak of :rolleyes:

Giving your name, you are an Australian. Now answer this question:
    What will have worse consequences for you? The chinese government having your data, or the australian government?

4. TaZMaNiaK

TaZMaNiaK MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    HAHAHAHAHAAH! You're pretty.. Not smart..

5. TaZMaNiaK

TaZMaNiaK MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    #6 TaZMaNiaK, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Which is why I use Samsung and run CM. Won't catch me using TPM or Bitlocker on a computer either.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    what makes u think the Chinese,NSA or your own government cant get in to that:throw:

7. TaZMaNiaK

TaZMaNiaK MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    #8 TaZMaNiaK, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Uhhhhh because it's open source? Not claiming it's not "hackable" - because Android has many inherent vulnerabilities, but it's at least guaranteed that there's no intentional backdoors or spying going on. Hence I won't touch Bitlocker (or any other closed source encryption, or anything that uses TPM - the master keys to which are in the hands of the Chinese manufacturer) with a 10 foot pole. I use TrueCrypt, which passed a security audit, and once Veracrypt passes I will switch to that.

8. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    If an authority is determined to get your private data, it will succeed whatever browser, or even VPN/proxy, you use. And those who think they can prevent that by taking precautions are the first ones to cause suspicion and end up as spying targets.

The apparent contradiction here is that the very browser that claims to protect you from spying does the spying itself. I say “apparent contradiction”, be cause in actual fact it confirms the preceding statement and merely constitutes one of the means serving it.