Maybe Trunp isn’t all that bad after all

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katzenfreund, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    House Republican Party Reverses on Ethics Change After Trump Criticism

“House Republicans dropped their bid to weaken the independent Office of Congressional Ethics after President-elect Donald Trump blasted the move as counter to his call to "drain the swamp" of corruption in Washington.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...-to-strip-ethics-office-of-independent-status

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    yup... and he went after GM for attempting to import the Chevy cruze from Mexico tax free, of course they (GM) denied it saying only a "small portion" of Mexican built Cruze cars were being imported but GM could or did not say how many cars they were bringing in.

It's very obvious that Trump is a business man and not a politician, because Obummer never had the gonads to do anything like this, like making a stink about keeping U.S. jobs in the U.S.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    If Trump keeps this up, He may actually prove to be a decent president.

Good for Him. :thumbsup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. President_Trump

President_Trump MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2016
    Ethics? We don't got ethics. We don't need ethics. We don't got to show you no stinkin' ethics!

5. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I consider it also to his credit that he wants to improve relations with Russia, since the current cold war does no good to anyone. Plain common sense as well as promoting world economy and peace.

But it seems the Secret Services are determined to stop him with their claims of Russian interference in the latest elections.

6. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Katz: That's why He (trump) hired a private security force. He doesn't want a re-enactment of what the CIA did to JFK.

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Or maybe it's all those unpaid workers that want his guts for garters !

8. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    If you believe that, then I suggest you don't come here sniffing around for work. ;)

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Facts are facts
    You can perfume the turd how much you want it will still smell. :poop:

10. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Okay...to quote you about how facts are facts.

The American people have spoken. That's what they want. Period. All anybody who isn't for him can do is throw a temper tantrum and sling mud.

We shall see what the next four years (or possibly 8 years) will hold. At that point, everybody can take an objective look at his record and his accomplishments, if any.

You don't eat raw dough and complain that the cake sucks when it isn't even baked yet.

11. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Let's hope your optimism is well founded for the sake of the middle class.

12. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @R29k: Let's hope so. But my hope is guarded, because I realize that Politics is a losing game, just like religion.

13. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Getting back to Trump's desire to improve relations with Russia, it also appears to me (and I stress it's my personal impression) that TPTB against it rushed to anticipate him by expelling the Russian embassy diplomats, expecting retaliation from Russia, which would have made improving relations much harder. But it seems Putin is a better politician than they thought.

I clarify that I'm not American and don't care who runs that country, but I don't like international stress and conflict. There's enough conflict in the Middle East and the two superpowers should cooperate in resolving that, not acting against each other.

14. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
  15. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
  16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  17. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
  18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I don't think anybody really expected anything different. In fact I think I heard somewhere that some of Hillary's electorates switched over to Trump

19. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    As many of Trump's electorates would have switched over to Hillary, if she had won. They are all egocentric politicians, and that electorate system relying on them tries to undo what democracy does.

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I think most people still cannot imagine what Trump will mean to us....

He will create suffer to many people and make things worse, he represents any-thing that is not real.
    He is misguided concerning self-awareness and a huge troublemaker.
    The good thing at Trump is that his job as president will be temporary.