MBAM question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Pasta88, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi, Has anyone checked the MBAM lately and noticed ransomware protection is turned off coz mine is. I tried selecting settings, protection and toggling off and then on malware protection: prevents malware infections, then close out and then RC on MBAM , select properties, select compatibility and check off run this program as admin but that didnt work as some sites suggest to do.

Anybody know how to fix this?

TIA

2. BearPaws

BearPaws MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    I have been using MBAM for years and every time something doesn't work I just uninstall and reinstall the software. Are you running the latest update? I mean it's really rare one module will work (turn off) by it self and the other modules to stay ON.

3. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I'm all set. thx

4. andy.tay70

andy.tay70 MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    MBAM is a waste of time and slows your PC down. Find something else instead.

5. BearPaws

BearPaws MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    I am sure it does but what other software doesn't hugged or use system resources? Regardless of the type of security software it does need resources for scanning, detecting, updating... I am happy using MBAM since 2012 it has change over the years but it was money worth expending.