McAfee virus scan plus

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by peter j, Dec 24, 2009.

1. peter j

peter j MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    I dont know if this is the correct section of the forum but I hope someone can help. I downloaded a german version of McAfee (shownin My Digital Life) and it also explained how to change it to English. I have had to reinstall and cannot now find the artical or any instructions on how to turn the language into english. Can anyone help?

2. peter j

peter j MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    I am getting rather desperate forsomeone to reply. This was an offer which was on My Digital Life during November. It was a german version of Mc Afee but also provided instructions on how to change the language to English, is anyone able to help by pointing me in the right direction of how to do it. I think it may have been an alteration to the registry!!!!

thanks in advance.

3. peter j

peter j MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    can't anyone remember the registry tweak to make this alteration. I recollect it being fairly simple. Or can anyone point me to the original article?

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Give this a try.
    1. Click Start, Run, type regedit, and click OK.
    2. Navigate to the following registry key:
    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\Framework]
    3. In the right pane, right click UseLanguage and select Modify.
    4. Change the value to the code to 0409.
    5. Restart the McAfee Framework service for the change to take effect.

Hope this helps you. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ShoCkRaVeR

ShoCkRaVeR MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2009
    youseful information

go go go like cs :)

6. peter j

peter j MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    Thank you for the reply, however that key string does not exist in my registry. I am using the new version of McAfee, does anyone else have any ideas

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Do you mean this key is not present :
    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\Framework]

Or do you mean that the "use language " key is not present ? If its the later then you could create a key for this. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why can't you just not download english version will your key not work ?

9. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    McAfee is the worse antivirus I have ever used!! makes your system slow as a turtle and offers no protection what soever...

NOD32 FTW

10. peter j

peter j MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    none of that sring is present from network associates. If i download an english version it completely removes the original version which does not provide a seperate key!