MDL Application for Office 2007?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by bmilcs, Aug 22, 2017.

1. bmilcs

bmilcs MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2015
    Is there a MDL application that can aid with Microsoft Office 2007 registration? I've looked at KMSPICO & WinToolKit but have had no luck with the older 2007 version of Office. I've done my fair share of forum & google hunts and this is my last resort :(.

I hate posting asking for help like this, as I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be mighty appreciated!

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Afaik, office 2007 is key only activation.

3. hearywarlot

hearywarlot MDL Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Hello bmilcs,

These tools specialize in activating using custom KMS server implement.
    Office 2007 can not use a KMS server, so these tools are not applicable for that program package, I remember there were activators, but non of anymore since I abandoned that old program.

I would also like to recommend to stop using Office 2007 as official support is ending near November 10 2017.
    This will mean no security and bug fix updates. So you can still run it, but if it's for the general user, he will be risk of potential a security issues.

I recommend to use a modern Office program such as Office 2010-2016, 365 or a free program such as LibreOffice with Thunderbird for local email if required.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    very good post dude congrats :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bmilcs

bmilcs MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2015
    ]

I appreciate the feedback. The only reason I wanted 2007 was for work purposes - it's what's used in house and wanted to replicate that abroad. Is 2010 most alike 2007 in comparison to more modern versions?

6. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Actually retail version of Office 2007 require activation. VL versions do not (it's a bit like Windows XP retail vs vl)

Why do you need to specifically replicate your work environment? I could understand if it were development stuff, but to type a few documents etc???

If you do need to use Office 2007 then I guess you would need a VL key - which we can't possibly help with.