Media Center compatibilty

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Drakie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Drakie

Drakie MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Anybody had any problems installing plug ins? I tried installing TunerFree MCE, which is a great plug in on vista and i figured i wouldn't have any problem, but despite trying running it in compatibility mode etc, it will not install, anyone know of a work a round?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Belarathon

Belarathon MDL Senior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    #2 Belarathon, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    The new Media Center is a completely different animal now. Out of a handful of plugins that I use, only one works with W7. We'll have to limp along until the developers update their respective plugins, which will probably take months. I for one, can hardly wait for WebGuide.

Then there's the problem of editing the new .WTV video wrapper. I know VideoReDo TVsuite is in development to handle it, but for now, the new Cyberlink PowerDirector is the only editor (that I'm aware of) that can transform .WTV to Mpeg2 for further editing. MCEBuddy is in beta now; apparently they're working on a way to transcode .WTV.

3. Drakie

Drakie MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Meh that sucks, i only use it to catch up with TV shoes, because 4od is just crap, and the iplayer website has to be my least favourite website ever lol. I suppose i can wait, or learn to code for WMC :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...