Media Center SP3 Question !

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Beowulf, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Hello folks:
    i have Media Center SP2 2005 installed on my PC, i want to slipstream it with SP3. I read few post's in other forums and found the output showed many errors and the OS wasn't stable. Their were few people who had slipstreamed SP3 on MC, but they had to copy few too many files and the whole process was very confusing.
    I was thinking that since Media Center is XP ,why not use the Retail XP SP3 Disc to copy the Second Disc to make a whole new Media Center 2005 SP3 OEM SLP CD.
    Will this process work, can someone suggest something: any suggestion is welcomed.

Many thanks:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I would suggest leaving it as is for install, then upgrading from the updates. the rollouts will have all you need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. randyorton

randyorton MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2010
    Hi:

I read an earlier article that in one of the later Beta versions that the
    SP3 upgrade had rendered Media Center inoperative.

Does anyone know if this current SP3 upgrade has resolved this issue? I
    would hate to lose my TV capability.

Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. randyorton

randyorton MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2010
    Hi:

I read an earlier article that in one of the later Beta versions that the
    SP3 upgrade had rendered Media Center inoperative.

Does anyone know if this current SP3 upgrade has resolved this issue? I
    would hate to lose my TV capability.

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    911 medic upgrading from the updates is which i cant do at the moment cause i an on a narrow band. It takes a lot of time and i think i can achieve that by using the retail XP sp3 disc and copying the become disc to make a whole disc.
    Their isnt many people who have tried this ,ill go ahead and give it a try and give my feed.