MediaCreationTool: th2 possible

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jmtella, Nov 23, 2015.

1. jmtella

jmtella MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2012
  2. naxal

naxal MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    By the way, that age old Windows 7 DVD/USB maker also works fine with any Windows 10 ISO i have seen.. Off topic may be, but thought posting.. :eek:

3. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
  4. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #6 genenioo, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    For th2 they have the Media Creation tool configured so you could get a nice little all-in-one (see my post above) where you could pick Windows 10 multi-editions--Home and Pro--and then pick both x86 and x64 and therefore get Home and Pro in each bit version. I wanted to do the same for th1 but you can pick only Home OR Pro--there's no multi-edition--even though the .isos are that way. So all you can get is Home OR Pro in both bit versions, but not both. I've looked around--there are just ones with faults or updates put in or complex ones with Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise, N version, Single Language, VL versions and goodness knows what else. There's no guide since 8.1, so I'm not sure how to proceed. It's true I have what I need for th2 from the creation tool but just for my storage I'd like a simple aio for th1 without things added or having it overdone: x86, x64, Home, Pro, and if it must, Enterprise would be ok. Any ideas or some sort of guide that I could follow?

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  6. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    #8 genenioo, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Thanks! Unfortunately I'm not quite as savvy as I wish I was to follow what you said. The truth is the murphy78 had two torrents for th1 aios and it just drove me crazy which one to use so I thought I might create my own at this point. I've looked them over more carefully and for the time being it looks like his first version is a little simpler and works for clean installs as well as upgrades, so I'm more or less content with that--of course they're really obsolete because of th2, but just kind of wanted to have something for the record, if you know what I mean. If you have time and think you could elaborate on your instructions so I could follow it better that'd be great. If not enough time, that's ok, too. Ambidav had excellent guides for making 7/8/8.1 aios but I haven't seen anything for 10. Was hoping for something--any idea why nothing new? Thanks again for your help!

7. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    Found a pretty good one that is a 22-in-1 and takes up only 6 GB, supports upgrading and of course a clean install. Thanks again for your help!