Memory clock Manipulation

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by xmate, May 10, 2014.

1. xmate

xmate MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    Hi there

I've got one old PC (Motherboard Name-Asus K8V-MX) hxxpsupport.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K8V-MX
    It's working ok, and it has DDR 400 type RAM 1.5 GB. (Memory Speed-PC3200 (Actual speed -200 MHz)),everything looks good when my PC is on but if i shut down my PC it never turns on but later i found out it's due to memory clock speed problem, so I've changed my memory clock speed in the BIOS section as per the data received from AIDA 64 , now it's booting fine but still not perfect i still need to press on the restart and shutdown button even to see the BIOS post message and something on the screen. :confused: Otherwise all computer fans are running and lights are on but no display. Is it possible to fix via a BIOS memory clock manipulation method, i 've tested my RAM in some other intel based machines but it works perfect. I'm waiting for some help from a good BIOS modder

hxxp//pastebin.com/SWUhTnnE :bye2:

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Are u using an integrated video card or another one ?

3. xmate

xmate MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    I'm using one separate video card , i removed card and tested but still the same result (with or without card it's not working) :wacko:

4. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    I faced the same prob on an asus board. if you installed an other video card then u must modifiy the bios to use it first

5. my2cents

my2cents Guest

#5 my2cents, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    A BIOS modification will not fix your issue and I doubt that any memory speed modification will fix it either (unless you deviated from default in an attempt to overclock). The first thing you want to do is set your BIOS back to defaults. Once done, identify your specific issue and include your system specs and what OS you are trying to run on that old rig. However, since your mobo is not supported beyond Win 2003, I can almost see the handwriting on the wall. By chance, did this problem just surface after you tried to upgrade your OS? If not, were there any other hardware or software modifications made right before your issue started? In summary, the more information you provide up-front, the better chance you'll have of getting the assistance you need.

6. xmate

xmate MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    #6 xmate, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    (OP)
    It's not a problem with my graphics card i guess, it might be related to memory clock settings , i would like to have best memory clock settings for my mobo .If anyone have this board please help :smile3: or a BIOS mod might work . I'm using latest BIOS (2005 one) and default setting does not work that's why i changed the memory clock speed and it's giving me little hope now.

7. my2cents

my2cents Guest

If default settings do not work then something else is wrong; period! You will not get the assistance you need unless you provide all additional details (as previously requested).

8. xmate

xmate MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    Here is little more information regarding my old system

hxxp//pastebin.com/LGP6dGPj

I was using one old 1GB DDR memory stick but unfortunately it's damaged and not working anymore but that time system was running fine that's why i think its related to memory problem, so i bought new memory sticks (same frequency ) but it doesn't work effectively. So i changed the clock memory clock settings now its booting fine but not always. What i really need now is best memory clock settings for my system or a memory BIOS mod which will load these memory clock settings i posted above instead of default .So that in case of any BIOS failure or reset in the future the system will still load best settings from the BIOS . :fishing1:

9. my2cents

my2cents Guest

Now were getting somewhere! The memory you purchased is most likely incompatible with your motherboard. What are the specs of your old memory and what are the specs of your new memory? here are your mobo requirements:

Screenshot (119).png

10. xmate

xmate MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    I don't have old memory configuration anymore i'm using compatible same frequency memory now but some settings do not support or not effectively compatible with CPU or mobo chipset. I'm not a techie so i don't have more information regarding what may be causing the problem :wacko:

11. my2cents

my2cents Guest

As I suspected, there is much more to this story than you have explained. Good luck with your issue and I hope someone else can help you.

12. xmate

xmate MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    #12 xmate, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    (OP)
    Thank you :hug2: and i'm also waiting for a good BIOS modder :bye2: I wonder is it possible to make some changes in the BIOS ROM file using AMIBCP will it's gonna work?

Update: Finally i edited BIOS settings by using AMIBCP and made many favorable settings as my default BIOS, now it's booting .Now i'm only lookig for some best memory settings for my MOBO