Memory is not detected after flshing Modded BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mmedinam, Dec 9, 2016.

1. mmedinam

mmedinam MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2016
    Hi Guys,

I tried to Mod a newest BIOS for my mobo yesterday, I used the award tool downloaded from this forum.

I created the modded BIOS following the tutorial (I used Dell Slic 2.1, using 0+2 Method) the BIOS was created succesfully, then I flashed the BIOS correctly but after the restart the RaM memory installed was not detected, no ram memory was available (0).

So I flashed a backup of my previous BIOS, then restarted the PC and the memory installed was detected correctly again, saved by the bel :)

But after thet I tried again, I created a new modded BIOS but this time I did not use the default options, I used the method SSV, the modded was created succesfully, then I flashed it again, but the got same error, no memory ram was detected and available, so I flashed back the original BIOS, once I restarted the pc, noticed the issue was still there, the memory ram was not detected even I flashed back the original BIOS.

I utrned oof the pc, remove the battery, cleared the CMOS, with no luck, the BIOS does not detect the memory ram installed.

Can you help me to resolve this? please, please, you will be doing me a big favor.

Thanks in advance

PS my mobo is a old one: Asus m2a-vm hdmi the working bios was a modded bios 2302 version, I tried to install slic2.1 into the 5001 version

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Depending on how much memory your using until the bios checks all memory it won't report it recognized for your initial startup. So depending on the amount of memory this can take awhile (5-10 min.). There is a setting in bios on some boards that allows for other choices in this regard.

3. mmedinam

mmedinam MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2016
    Thanks for your response, so Knowing that, I need to wait rt?

Can the BIOS got damaged with those flashings? I used the easy flash tool integrated into the BIOS to flash them, it was the only tool I ever use for that, in fact I had more than 5 years without trying flash the BIOS.

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Depending on the bios you might have the option to view the process the bios is going through when checking memory. I wouldn't jump right to a "failed flash" until you have checked out the memory checking process. Do you have access to the bios on startup? and have you checked to see if the slic is now actually present?

5. mmedinam

mmedinam MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2016
    Yes I have access to the BIOS, but it shows 0MB as installed memory and 127 MB as usable Memory. With those settings windows cannot run.

I dont know how to check the slic in the BIOS? the only way that I know is using Everest for that :(

PS, My pc is on for more than 10 min, but memory is still not detected :(

6. mmedinam

mmedinam MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2016
    The BIOS is Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG

I used award tool to create the modded bios.

But I have flashed the original ones 2302 and 5001 versions, and the issue is still there, only the first time I flashed the backup worked, all the others dont

Any help Guys, so you can lead me in the right direction to solve this, please.

7. mmedinam

mmedinam MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2016
    Well, the problem is that my pc cannot start the OS windows 7 because the memory issue, so currently I cannot check that. I need to resolve first the memory issue on the BIOS. (Guys help for this)

I have tried doing more modded bios and flashed with no luck (tried ISA method and OEM method too), I will try to use the afudo tool to flash it again, because I noticed when I use the easy flash tool the progress bar does not get full filled, so probably there is an small part of the BIOS that cannot be written.

any other advice, not sure if my explanation is clear.

Thanks

8. mmedinam

mmedinam MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2016
    yes, rt.

No issues on BIOS settings, BTW I have been very busy these days so have not the chance to work on solving that. Will try later and post any news