Memory question with Intel DH67CL mobo

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by cgren72, Aug 28, 2012.

1. cgren72

cgren72 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2012
    Hi all. I am new to this forum, but have read some topics in the past.

I recently put together a computer (intel i7 2700k, dh67cl, ea-650 psu, 1x4gb hynix 1333mhz ram card, etc) and was wondering if my ram configuration is decent. On intel's site, it doesn't mention having one 4gb card as a possible configuration. I don't want to damage anything, or reduce preformance. I am making music with this machine, and it isn't extremely ram hungry (but very processor hungry) so I purchased a cheap ram card. This may have been a mistake..
    Also, it looks like I won't be overclocking with this board..

W1333UB4GH is the part number on the ram card

And as a member with less than 20 posts, I am not allowed to post a link to the intel website that i am talking about, so I added the chart to the bottom

Thanks

Supported memory
    configurations

DIMM Capacity Configuration SDRAM Density SDRAM Organization Front-side/Back-side Number of SDRAM Devices
    512 MB Single-sided 1 Gbit 64 M x 16 / empty 4
    1 GB Single-sided 1 Gbit 128 M x 8 / empty 8
    1 GB Single-sided 2 Gbit 128 M x 16 / empty 4
    2 GB Double-sided 1 Gbit 128 M x 8 / 128 M x 8 16
    2 GB Single-sided 2 Gbit 128 M x 16 / empty 8
    4 GB Double-sided 2 Gbit 256 M x 8 / 256 M x 8 16
    8 GB Double-sided 4 Gbit 512 M x 8 / 512 M x 8 16

2. ELiTEFX

ELiTEFX MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    Okay. You can never have too much memory. My suggestion to anyone is buy name brand quality ram, buy matching dimms (if you buy say, 2GB sticks make sure they're all identical 2GB sticks) with identical speeds from the same manufacturer. Computers aren't just a pile of parts. For best performance make sure all the parts match up to your motherboard specs and each other. A computer is only as good as it's weakest link and when it comes to parts, you only get what you pay for.......:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...