Merge (Windows 7) WinPE with WinRE

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by colinzim, May 14, 2010.

1. colinzim

colinzim MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2007
    #1 colinzim, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
    I am trying to merge these two utlities so I have a boot menu for selection of RE or PE.
    My first step problem :
    When I try to create a ERD Boot Disc each time I select my Windows install disc the Wizard says it's not a valid path to Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 DVD. I tried several UNmodded install dvd's with no luck ?????
    My second problem :
    When I use gimagex and export the one wim image to the other, I get no boot menu and only the one .wim loads. Checked Boot tab.
    Been reading for a week and not good results

Attached Files:

2. amires

amires MDL Member

Sep 27, 2009
    For your first problem make sure you supply the correct dvd which matches your architecture. For example if your operating system is Windows 7 64-bit you need to supply a 64-bit Windows 7 DVD to ERD Boot Disc maker. Also if your install dvd is an iso on your hard drive you need to mount it or extract it first and supply the path of the mounted drive or extracted directory to ERD Boot Disc maker and not the iso file itself. As for your second problem probably there is a ei.cfg in your sources directory which lockes your wim to a specified image. Delete that file and you should get a menu.

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but winpe are just standard images with additional packages installed. So when you take a standard winpe and you add al the packages you need yourself, including the re package you'll end up with an all in one winpe image. And if you really want sepparate wim images to get a kind of multiboot on dvd you can ask daz about it. His live loader cd has 2 winpe images (x64 and x86) and you can choose wich one you want to boot up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...