Message for bluecatfish!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ramanim_2000, May 22, 2010.

1. ramanim_2000

ramanim_2000 MDL Novice

May 22, 2010
    bluecatfish,

I have the same problem which you had with the "Turn windows features on or off" issue described in your post(http://forums.mydigitallife.net/archive/index.php/t-15719.html). The last reply for that thread was that you were going to try a reinstall of the windows7 install. Is that what you did? Were you able to solve the problem with the reinstall?

Thanks in advance.

2. bluecatfish

bluecatfish MDL Junior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Yes, I did the reinstall and it solved my problem. I did try many different things without success before I bit the bullet and did the reinstall. After the reinstall the turn windows features on or off feature worked great and I am still running without any problems. Hope this helps you.

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #3 Daz, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Not sure if it'd work but you could try booting from your Windows 7 DVD, select the repair options and then load up command prompt. Now just issue the following command:
    Code:
    sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bluecatfish

bluecatfish MDL Junior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Maybe Daz suggestion will work for you. I tried SFC from the boot menu and it didn't run, said another instance was already running and to reboot the computer. I may have not used the correct switches. Hope it works, keep us posted.