Metro Start showing up randomly

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ian82, Jul 18, 2013.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I have StartIsBack installed but when I am typing on the keyboard sometimes the metro screen suddenly pops up and I find myself continuing to type in the search box! how do I stop this crap?

I think this is triggered if I slightly touch the touchpad but I'm not sure.

Please help me I am going nuts!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Your win logo key has a build-in air gesture sensor. :laie:

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you use an Laptop, use the Hot-Key for to switch off the Touchpad, on my Acer laptop that's the FN-Key + F7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    but what exactly in the trackpad is triggering the metro start to show up bro

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    For to be able to give an answer I would need to see with my own eye's how you're working on your machine!

It could be that you touch without any intention the Touchpad while working on your computer. That's why I keep the Touchpad on mine switched off all time, I use an WiFi Mouse anyway because it's more comfortable than any touchpad!

6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Very true, I can never ever use a touchpad I feel I am paralyzed if use a touchpad so im gonna turn it off too that would get rid of this s**t because the metro screen only pops up when I accidentally touch the touchpad

7. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    #7 Superfly, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Think the touchpad drivers are still a bit buggy (or my touchpad just sticks a bit..) - If I hang around too long on the right edge of my touchpad the charms bar says howdy o_O

8. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Ahhh them 3d party programs you pay $$$ for that just don't work all the time....
    you really should remove METRO the M$ way....never comes back...

9. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    solved, someone from another forums replied