Metro Tiles not work

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Riza, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Riza

Riza MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    The Metro tiles are not working. They open and minimize and then and do not leave the loading screen. No error is shown. UAC is enabled and the screen resolution is 1366x768. The video card is an Intel HD first generation, with the windows driver. I tried most of the solutions below and none of them worked for me.

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/W8ITProPreRel/thread/b0e4f9a3-4c96-4e6f-9399-71fc5813853c

malware-removal.windowsupdatesonline.com/how-to-fix-windows-8-metro-apps-error/

2. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Did you change the permissions of the Metro Apps folder ?
    I experienced the same problem on Consumer Preview / Release Preview, it was because I took ownership of the Applications folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Riza

Riza MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    I have not changed anything.

4. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    What about making an OS refresh ? This solves most of the problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Of course, most of your stuff will be missing after a refresh...

6. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Yeah, but the system makes a list of what was removed... So it's quite easy to reinstall the removed apps.

7. Moon.lSd

Moon.lSd MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2011
    Same issue. But my graphic is Intel GMA4500.

Metro still working but it just showed up a blank/black/loading/minimize/violet screen. I know it works because I can listen to music normally, but abnormal thing is it didn't display anything. Refresh PC was a useless option because reinstalling Windows just take 10 minutes, but reinstalling apps took me about 2-3 hours.

I reinstalled Windows just a hour ago and metro app working normally, but after some installation, it returned to state that I previously described. I really need some help :(

Sorry for my bad English :(

8. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #8 hbhb, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    Verify hash of ISO-
    Make sure you have a good win 8 download from a good source here:D

9. picolino

picolino MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    i have ownership of all metro app folders and the apps install and run without problems:D

Both of you use intel graphics, maybe this is a driver issue. :confused:

10. Moon.lSd

Moon.lSd MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2011
    Yes I always check HASH of not only Windows 8 but also every ISO I have.
    My problem seems to be strange, as metro apps work normally at first, but later, it becomes as I mentioned.

11. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    If he's using RTM (as opposed to a preview edition) then his account will have a list of everything he's downloaded as well. Even from previous versions, assuming he used the same account. (That's all assuming that he's used a Microsoft account for stuff, of course.)

12. Riza

Riza MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    I tried to refresh Windows, but the problem returned shortly after I reinstall the programs. I checked the hash and right. The video driver is inbox windows, since intel has not released the driver compatible with W8. I thought I'd uninstall the windows driver inbox and force the driver installation of W7.

13. dreamss

dreamss MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2009
    i had this issue happen to me, the apps were when i first installed and now they minimize when i try to open. this issue started when the weather app kept timing out

the widget of the weather app still updates in the start screen so the app does function but the metro api has an issues somewere

14. Riza

Riza MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    #15 Riza, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    (OP)
    I'm using version Core MSDN. I uninstalled windows inbox driver but could not install the video driver W7 gives error and installation stops.
    This problem only occurs with the tiles of the windows, and how to store email. The tiles of the programs I installed are functioning normally.
    I do not know what else to do :(

15. picolino

picolino MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    #16 picolino, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    The best solution is wait for intel WDDM 1.2 compatible drivers...or you can try install latest driver in win7 compatibility mode.