Metro UI. Abort, retry, fail?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mazrim Taim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012
  2. ashmicro

ashmicro MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2012
    I found it easy to get used to, but (like a lot of people on this board I imagine), I'm a technohead. I'd agree that for enterprise users who don't care for such frippery, Metro UI would need to come with a great big "OFF" button.

3. Cippolippo1959

Cippolippo1959 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2011
    Microsoft have to think to the milions of people still using a desktop pc without touch screen and give a choise between metro UI and a classic desktop start.
    So, I think that metro UI have to be optional in final 8 too.

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I think it not have to be but it MUST to be optional or will become a big fail.

I'm an avid desktop user with a big screen, I will not change my personal tastes because MS wants it. Microsoft is killing most part of its potential consumers.

Two versions will be better: one for Tablets and one for Desktops and Laptops with classical interface.

The wolf is loosing the chase... beep-beep :tooth:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^ no problem. i am sharing that article with as many people as i can and i hope microsoft will have a look at the article and will implement those suggestions in windows 8 rtm. it would be really gr8 to see those options. :)

6. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #8 CODYQX4, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019