Micro$oft: to start kickin' Azzzz!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raijen, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    A post I found in 'Softpedia' today:

New Windows Anti-Hacking Technologies Cooking
    In the evolution of Microsoft’s anti-piracy measures
    By Marius Oiaga, Technology News Editor
    March 26th, 2010, 16:03 GMT
    Adjust text size:

Microsoft is doing much more than simply fighting pirated versions of Windows with Service Pack upgrades and crack killer updates. According to details offered by the software giant itself, new anti-hacking technologies are cooking for Windows. A job post for the position of Senior Development Engineer – Windows mentions that the Redmond company is getting ready to up the ante on bootleggers, hackers and crackers (via MSFTKitchen). Of course, actual details are extremely scarce, and the listing doesn’t even mention the platform that will benefit from the integration of new anti-piracy technologies, or if there’s a possibility that they will be included in Windows 8, for example.
    “Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. We are looking for an experienced software developer to help us design and build new anti-hacking mechanisms, hack detection, and work on the security processor driver,” the job post notes.

Microsoft released the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 earlier this year, providing a refresh designed to identify and render useless over 70 cracks used to illegally bypass the Windows 7 activation mechanism. The update was initially offered as a standalone download, and subsequently delivered via Automatic Updates to all Windows 7 users. The company stressed that the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 was a voluntary update, designed to be deployed only by users that wanted to make sure their copy of Windows 7 was genuine.

“The work touches many layers of the operating system and includes opportunities for partnership with MS Research and other security teams at Microsoft to productize exciting innovations and ideas that help shake hackers and crackers off Microsoft products. It’s not for the faint of heart, but the diversity of the problem space in this area is rich in growth opportunities just waiting for the right candidate. You will have ample opportunity to diversify your skill set and grow. In this position, you’ll get a chance to work on many aspects of the platform, starting with an assignment to drive the design of our application and Operating System (OS) virtualization support,” it is added in the job post.”““

In Microsoft’s never-ending battle to stop piracy, it appears Microsoft is considering upping the ante in Windows 8 and other products by searching for a new candidate to help “shake hackers and crackers off Microsoft products” by designing and building “new anti-hacking mechanisms” and “hack detection.” The job ad says the job is “not for the faint of heart,” so I imagine things get pretty intense and technical on this team.

“Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. We are looking for an experienced software developer to help us design and build new anti-hacking mechanisms, hack detection, and work on the security processor driver. The work touches many layers of the operating system and includes opportunities for partnership with MS Research and other security teams at Microsoft to productize exciting innovations and ideas that help shake hackers and crackers off Microsoft products. It’s not for the faint of heart, but the diversity of the problem space in this area is rich in growth opportunities just waiting for the right candidate. You will have ample opportunity to diversify your skill set and grow. In this position, you’ll get a chance to work on many aspects of the platform, starting with an assignment to drive the design of our application and Operating System (OS) virtualization support.” :p:p:p

Just thought I'd post this since it's the opposition we want to stay ahead of. Like it's been said a million times, "For every victory the opposition has (Microsoft in this case), "the other side" comes up with that which evens the score". Cheers all - is anybody scared? heh...

Raijen :welcome:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ennio

ennio Guest

They are building rich and powerful platform. Good for them.
    I am impressed that bunch of fags can build anything.
    At the end that platform will be gay. :D :D

3. anemeros

anemeros MDL Developer

Aug 12, 2009
    YESSSS!! My new job! j/k

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Wow I'm almost trying not to laugh ...
    The one thing MS will always fail at getting rid of hackers...

5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Urgh, more FUD.

Anything that is made can be cracked or bypassed. There is ALWAYS ONE loophole. It has to be like that, there needs to be some piracy. Killing off all piracy would be bad for business!

6. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Start kicking ... of whom. The previous employee in the post has had his/hers kicked, and another one will soon get the same dose. Better way would be to kick the ... of the person in charge of product pricing. Now that would go all the way up.

Cheaper to kick ... periodically and hire new victims than to cut prices.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Support Google ; Kick M (a$$)

8. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Ahh, such the little homophobe.

9. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    The biggest deterent to piracy any software product has is access to updates. In the old days, before automatic updates everyone, including microsoft advised against downloading and installing updates unless you absolutely needed them. If people didn't buy into the marketing ploy that they need each and every update that MS publishes or every add on application that they provide such as XP mode and MSE they would never even need to install the piracy updates.

Just use the safe updates sticky in the 7 forum and you will never have a problem with activation, use another free antivirus.

If you buy a license then buy and upgrade license instead of the full version. I have wondered if you can buy an anytime upgrade, install a lower version with a default key and use the anytime upgrade key.

10. fosopip

fosopip MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    long may they fail in this quest

11. ennio

ennio Guest

Why don't you join them? I think they will treat you as a very valuable member, not just passive but very active aka Eric Dolorus Edd.

12. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010
    Oh noes! I'm really scared now, Microsoft is cracking down on hackers! :D

What's next, a console that can't have Linux installed on it?

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #13 timesurfer, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
    I really wanted the InfiniteRearm4 v1.9 program to be created so I believe this might come in handy if MS ever actually seriously focuses their own products and related updates to target such exploits. With my rearm program the only really "maybe illegal" thing done is the reg commands in RE or PE but I'm not even sure that is true since it's not blocked...lol The only thing my program really does is make MS users not have to reinstall 7 after they get their 150 free days trial which MS gives so I might actually be doing them a favor keeping MS users from installing linux when the 150 day trial runs out or atleast keeping them from having them to reinstall all thier programs...lol

This was designed to keep Windows 7 in trial forever...lol

Works on all editions of windows 7...lol Even E & N...lol

Works for 32bit and 64bit...lol

No need for cracks, patches, activators or even key's...lol

And all updates are safe...lol

Instructions are in program...lol

[​IMG]

InfiniteRearm4 v1.9

Thanks to MasterDisaster for all the advanced code

14. ennio

ennio Guest

Me too. I am afraid to get out of my basement. MS is watching :D

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Naw that's just Ceiling cat...lol

[​IMG]

16. ennio

ennio Guest

lol lol lol :D

17. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    At the end of the platform, it's still full of errors and they all fall-off. LOL!!!

18. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    lol, is that Steve Ballmer spying on us Pirates?!? ROFLAMO

19. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    No silly thats the infamous ceiling cat...lol lol...Dopers...lol

20. ennio

ennio Guest

It can't be Steve. The cat is not bald. :D