Microsoft Account or Local Account?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dback, Jun 28, 2015.

1. dback

dback MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    So, I have a Windows 8.1 installed and activated with the Microsoft Toolkit.

Is it safe to use a Microsoft Account?

Or does Microsoft disable Microsoft Accounts with an illegal activated Windows?

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    You can use MS Account, it won't affect your activation state.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dback

dback MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    #3 dback, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    (OP)
    It won't affect my activation state, but will they do something when they find out, that I'm using an illegal copy? (e.g. disable my Microsoft Account?)

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Imo you, just to feel comfortable and safe, use a local account. I always do.

5. dback

dback MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Yes, but this isn't answering my question tho

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    if it helps at all, Ive got a couple systems Ive used for weirdness things that most people dont care about, but anyway. Since Win8 was released they have been all using the same MS account, and I also use the same MS account for legit systems, and Win10 insider with no ill effects or "you gonna get sued" emails.

Hope that helps

7. dback

dback MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    #7 dback, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    (OP)
    Typos

Yes it does help me. I just wanted to know if MS has ever done to the people who use an illegal activated copy of windows + microsoft account.
    I am not scared that they could send me emails that I'm gonna get sued or something, because there are jsut to many people with and illegal activated OS, so the thought I had was, that the easiest for them would just be deactivating Microsoft Accounts. Since my main Email Account is on Outlook and I would use that for my Microsoft Account it would be awful if they would disable that and I can't use my email account anymore.

So there is nothing known that MS would do anything like that if they find it out, right?

8. donalgodon

donalgodon MDL Member

Jul 21, 2010
    100% guaranteed that MS does NOT care about you positively or negatively. They have bigger fish to fry.