Microsoft Admits It “Went Too Far” with Aggressive Windows 10 Updates

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Dec 23, 2016.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  2. 2hot6ft2

2hot6ft2 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2016
    Thanks for the post.
    Sounds like Microsoft's way of saying Ho, Ho, Ho to those that didn't want 10:weep:

3. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Usual misleading click-bait crap from softpedia

GWX upgrade belongs to Windows 7 forum

4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    more MS BS...what else is new;)

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Exactly..... I would not touch their garbage with a long pole.

The problem, my dear MS crooks, is not that you went too far. The problem is, that you actually get together, to come up with something like that, because you believe it will make your company some money! Because its owners are sooooo poor and urgently need some income.

And now you are telling us that idea was actually quite brilliant, "you just went too far"?

(I wrote some more, but scrapped it, because the censor would have been right not to allow it. God that company p.... me off!)

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Yup. But you have to consider the source. Their Chief of marketing. (i.e. The head of the bullschitt department)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Now if they'll admit they went too far by removing group policy and registry options from windows 10 pro, and then reinstate those options, that would be news.

8. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I always install updates as fast as I can. I never understood why people were so timid about them. I say Bring 'Em On!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i heartily disagree with your remark.
    my w7 is running flawlessly since the beginning of june 2016.
    i turned off windose update about that time because i decided not to trust nadella on his pair of blue eyes.
    [free windows?? timeo danaos et dona ferentes!]
    turns out i was too late. m$ had managed to slip in telemetry since the end of may.so i had some cleaning up
    to do. i will not let my pc connect to m$ servers at all.it phones home anyway, i know,but that can`t be helped
    i guess. i reckon that where xp can survive for a decade without major issues, so will w7. funny thing;
    when some sneaky piece of software `repaired` the system and turned win update back on, it had over 500 updates
    waiting for me.needless to say, i turned it off again. life is short.i have no need of 500 pieces of m$ crap.
    the only reason that my pc is still running w7 instead of linux is that i find it more comfy than linux to get
    things done. m$ can`t be trusted.

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Not only that, but it also doesn't fix the things that need fixing, like giving the File Explorer the ability to show folder size and making the Photos app support animation.

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    I agree you is 100% correct ;)

12. markokk888

markokk888 MDL Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Well you can't trust them now every update you have to check individuali that's painful work im also working with the ultimate script for anti m$ crap and telemetry stuff i did managed to get so far further than any other user discovered what has been done and my update blacklist is much bigger and more specific than any other i saw on the internet.. i waisted so many time and nervous for this m$ crap f**k them and may god forgive them..
    soon i will release that script maybe after christmas or new years so you guys can check my work. :)
    also it will destroy customer experience program and any other crap.. after all this i will never trust them again..

13. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    this is the corporate reach around. "oh yeah, we are sorry blahblahblah" while sticking it up your fundamental in other ways. :mad:

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    What, you say you want more telemetry and less ways to turn it off? We at Microsoft agree, thank you for your feedback and being a part of making Windows 10 great! :p

15. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Who mentioned telemetry? Too much Christmas spirit it seems, of the liquid variety (joking, no offense ;) ). Wanting proper functionality is not the same as telemetry. If it were, and we didn't want telemetry, we'd go back to Windows 1.0.

Actually, now that I see my post again, there is an error. The Photos app does support animation, it's GIF transparency that it doesn't and should. (Animation was not supported by the previous Windows Photo Viewer, yet many people want to go back to it because the new app doesn't do a proper job, not because of telemetry, as far as I know).

16. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    did you mean make windows great again, without the version number, or have you consulted some member here who is on redmonds`paylist? [ no offence, as katz said.] ;)

17. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    good old days.. windose 1.0... i used it...came on 8 inch floppies.. how is that for a dinosaur? :D

18. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Actually, though I mentioned it, I never used it, nor do I know much about it, I googled for the oldest version of Windows and that came up. And I assumed it had reduced functionality and telemetry. :D

19. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    reduced, you say? it was bulletproof,telemetry-wise; you booted into msdos3, included the path in autoexec.bat, and it had no way of calling home, modems were way off
    in the future,isp`s too.. in fact i made a batchfile to change from the drive a:\ that held msdos, and command.com, to drive B:\ , i had no harddisk then. saved typing;
    i hate to press the shift key, mb you noticed.;)