Microsoft Admits It “Went Too Far” with Aggressive Windows 10 Updates

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Dec 23, 2016.

  1. GOD666

    GOD666 MDL Expert

    Aug 1, 2015
    1,802
    1,761
    60
  2. 2hot6ft2

    2hot6ft2 MDL Novice

    Nov 18, 2016
    20
    9
    0
    Thanks for the post.
    Sounds like Microsoft's way of saying Ho, Ho, Ho to those that didn't want 10:weep:
     
  3. abbodi1406

    abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

    Feb 19, 2011
    7,518
    23,771
    240
    Usual misleading click-bait crap from softpedia

    GWX upgrade belongs to Windows 7 forum
     
  4. MS_User

    MS_User MDL Guru

    Nov 30, 2014
    2,629
    393
    90
    more MS BS...what else is new;)
     
  5. ThomasMann

    ThomasMann MDL Addicted

    Dec 31, 2015
    844
    125
    30
    Exactly..... I would not touch their garbage with a long pole.

    The problem, my dear MS crooks, is not that you went too far. The problem is, that you actually get together, to come up with something like that, because you believe it will make your company some money! Because its owners are sooooo poor and urgently need some income.

    And now you are telling us that idea was actually quite brilliant, "you just went too far"?

    (I wrote some more, but scrapped it, because the censor would have been right not to allow it. God that company p.... me off!)
     
  6. Michaela Joy

    Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

    Jul 26, 2012
    3,531
    3,743
    120
    Yup. But you have to consider the source. Their Chief of marketing. (i.e. The head of the bullschitt department)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pf100

    pf100 MDL Addicted

    Oct 22, 2010
    809
    739
    30
    Now if they'll admit they went too far by removing group policy and registry options from windows 10 pro, and then reinstate those options, that would be news.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. dhjohns

    dhjohns MDL Guru

    Sep 5, 2013
    3,210
    1,637
    120
    I always install updates as fast as I can. I never understood why people were so timid about them. I say Bring 'Em On!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. nodnar

    nodnar MDL Addicted

    Oct 15, 2011
    951
    613
    30
    i heartily disagree with your remark.
    my w7 is running flawlessly since the beginning of june 2016.
    i turned off windose update about that time because i decided not to trust nadella on his pair of blue eyes.
    [free windows?? timeo danaos et dona ferentes!]
    turns out i was too late. m$ had managed to slip in telemetry since the end of may.so i had some cleaning up
    to do. i will not let my pc connect to m$ servers at all.it phones home anyway, i know,but that can`t be helped
    i guess. i reckon that where xp can survive for a decade without major issues, so will w7. funny thing;
    when some sneaky piece of software `repaired` the system and turned win update back on, it had over 500 updates
    waiting for me.needless to say, i turned it off again. life is short.i have no need of 500 pieces of m$ crap.
    the only reason that my pc is still running w7 instead of linux is that i find it more comfy than linux to get
    things done. m$ can`t be trusted.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Katzenfreund

    Katzenfreund MDL Expert

    Jul 15, 2016
    1,372
    804
    60
    Not only that, but it also doesn't fix the things that need fixing, like giving the File Explorer the ability to show folder size and making the Photos app support animation.
     
  11. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    2,841
    2,910
    90
    I agree you is 100% correct ;)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. markokk888

    markokk888 MDL Member

    Aug 13, 2012
    205
    39
    10
    Well you can't trust them now every update you have to check individuali that's painful work im also working with the ultimate script for anti m$ crap and telemetry stuff i did managed to get so far further than any other user discovered what has been done and my update blacklist is much bigger and more specific than any other i saw on the internet.. i waisted so many time and nervous for this m$ crap f**k them and may god forgive them..
    soon i will release that script maybe after christmas or new years so you guys can check my work. :)
    also it will destroy customer experience program and any other crap.. after all this i will never trust them again..
     
  13. wazzock

    wazzock MDL Senior Member

    Oct 22, 2016
    340
    184
    10
    this is the corporate reach around. "oh yeah, we are sorry blahblahblah" while sticking it up your fundamental in other ways. :mad:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Espionage724

    Espionage724 MDL Addicted

    Nov 7, 2009
    903
    256
    30
    What, you say you want more telemetry and less ways to turn it off? We at Microsoft agree, thank you for your feedback and being a part of making Windows 10 great! :p
     
  15. Katzenfreund

    Katzenfreund MDL Expert

    Jul 15, 2016
    1,372
    804
    60
    Who mentioned telemetry? Too much Christmas spirit it seems, of the liquid variety (joking, no offense ;) ). Wanting proper functionality is not the same as telemetry. If it were, and we didn't want telemetry, we'd go back to Windows 1.0.

    Actually, now that I see my post again, there is an error. The Photos app does support animation, it's GIF transparency that it doesn't and should. (Animation was not supported by the previous Windows Photo Viewer, yet many people want to go back to it because the new app doesn't do a proper job, not because of telemetry, as far as I know).
     
  16. nodnar

    nodnar MDL Addicted

    Oct 15, 2011
    951
    613
    30
    did you mean make windows great again, without the version number, or have you consulted some member here who is on redmonds`paylist? [ no offence, as katz said.] ;)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. nodnar

    nodnar MDL Addicted

    Oct 15, 2011
    951
    613
    30
    good old days.. windose 1.0... i used it...came on 8 inch floppies.. how is that for a dinosaur? :D
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Katzenfreund

    Katzenfreund MDL Expert

    Jul 15, 2016
    1,372
    804
    60
    Actually, though I mentioned it, I never used it, nor do I know much about it, I googled for the oldest version of Windows and that came up. And I assumed it had reduced functionality and telemetry. :D
     
  19. nodnar

    nodnar MDL Addicted

    Oct 15, 2011
    951
    613
    30
    reduced, you say? it was bulletproof,telemetry-wise; you booted into msdos3, included the path in autoexec.bat, and it had no way of calling home, modems were way off
    in the future,isp`s too.. in fact i made a batchfile to change from the drive a:\ that held msdos, and command.com, to drive B:\ , i had no harddisk then. saved typing;
    i hate to press the shift key, mb you noticed.;)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...