Microsoft Crys Foul over Android Pricing.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by can_script-kiddie, Sep 21, 2013.

1. can_script-kiddie

can_script-kiddie MDL Novice

May 12, 2011
    Okay, so what level do you think Microsoft would drop to, to put a stop to the Android mobile OS?

http://fsfe.org/activities/policy/eu/20130729.EC.Fairsearch.letter.en.html

Has anyone out there, got a ruler long enough to measure this level of BS. I mean come on, I have seen some really stupid things ran into the legal system. But dose this even resistor on the atomic scale of sensibility?

2. Tidus79001

Tidus79001 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2013
    I think Microsoft would give away Windows for free if they became desperate enough to hold onto it dominance in the desktop OS. They did that with IE in order to kill off Netscape and gained nearly 100% market share at one point.

3. ussr_1991

ussr_1991 MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2008
    If Microsoft were to give away Windows for free, then their flagship product is left with Office which means their revenue will be a great fall. So no way can M$ give it for free and I will not use Windows Phone at least for the moment as M$ has missed their opportunity long ago....

4. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013

Good article...GREAT 'conclusion'....:cap:

5. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    I totally agree with you M$ is too desperate in fact it's just a big monopoly game but in real life to see who can win the customer is ridiculous.

6. OCP

OCP MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009

Why is it ridiculous? It's business, that's how business works.

7. Phreack

Phreack MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2014
    It is always easier with M$ to try and eliminate the competition in any way except beating them in the market with the better product...

8. lnstevens1976

lnstevens1976 MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2012
    It's business and in some ways it is a valid point that Android is free. Microsoft already made Windows Phone free to Manufacturers.

The one thing that I noticed was pointed out is the major thing Microsoft could latch onto.

A motorola, HTC, Samsung, Google, or any other brand phone is not running "Android" bu a Customized Operating system "based on" android. It is a pretty big difference they could try and use.

Either way, WP is gaining marketshare.

9. moon510

moon510 MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    MS makes some small moves in the right direction. I mean, they have to bring some inovation in hardware industry. As they become stronger and more competiotive producing all kinds of devices, they might consider to offer Windows free of charge. Also, their web services should be planed to work similar to Google's. ie. free and ads-based. Office should stay commertial. So the more MS-hardware produced, the cheapoer MS-software should be.