[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by SAM-R, Mar 18, 2019.

1. hannubys

hannubys MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2007
    I know it is part of the theme. But what to change to get rid of it ?

2. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    check Windows colour settings, there is an option for windows titles and borders.

3. rcstar6696

rcstar6696 MDL Senior Member

Jun 11, 2017
    #1003 rcstar6696, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    -snip-

4. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Microsoft Edge Canary 77.0.188.0 Released

- More of the features listed above will become available for sync in the coming months.
    Your browsing data will sync across all your signed-in devices using Microsoft Edge Insider Builds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. hannubys

hannubys MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2007
    there are no ways to remove this blue line. I can change the color of line, of the toolbar but unable to remove it. I don't have this blue line on explorer, other uwp app

7. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    77.0.186.0 to 77.0.189.1 Policy Diff:
    Code:
    +ImportAtFirstRun
    +NewTabPageBackgroundImage
    +NewTabPageCompanyLogo
    +TrackingPrevention

8. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    So far everything but passwords, and apps is syncing for me. It's getting better all the time...

9. Leopeva64

Leopeva64 MDL Expert

Oct 4, 2016
  10. Leopeva64

Leopeva64 MDL Expert

Oct 4, 2016
  11. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I've been deleting the text for the favicon entries, I suppose this is a good addition, sure. ;)

12. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Now that you show that, i'm surprised Chrome doesn't have such option :eek:

13. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm going to presume they caught a bug after 190 was released 'cause I've never seen them push a second update in the same day, but there's 190.1.

190.1.png

14. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    Is using the Stub installers the only way in which to get the EdgeUpdate (MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe) auto-update functionality?

15. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    Since Microsoft is juggling the Chromium source code, I wonder if there has been any thought to Edgium OS?
    This may be something that could be under the radar a bit.

16. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    It seems to me that there is nothing good to hope from this Edge, it has already become completely unusable. Everything began, if they started add not-working options from their old browsers.
    So we've got another corrupted chromium version again.

17. tripog

tripog MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I have had a lot of issues with it lately too, hopefully, when edge is finally released it will be problem free like chrome.

18. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I've had no issues of note since this whole Edgium thing started with the very first leak in the past, been using it constantly, with 11 addons/extensions, on several laptops, upgrading each time a new build is available (I use Canary, my wife's machine uses the Dev build), etc.

I don't understand why some of you folks have soooooo many problems with this thing, it works just fine for me and a lot of other people. I'm suspecting that some folks have gutted/tweaked their Windows 10 builds so deeply that they're literally now breaking functionality across the board for various applications and programs such as "Edgium" - there really can't be many other reasons why some folks have massive constant problems and others don't if we were all using the same damned OS. It's the variations in the OS where people gut it or cut parts out of it or tweak things, disabling too much stuff, not catching all the potential dependencies when they happen with new(er) programs like "Edgium" - it might be based on Chromium but it's not Chromium and it has much deeper hooks into the OS itself than just installing/using Chromium itself does.

As for the actual Chrome browser being problem free, oh please, it's in perpetual beta like all software is, it has issues all the time (which is why it's always in development). :D Edgium is in active development and while it's based on Chromium it needs to be regarded as "a new thing" basically, so yes it'll have some issues now and again as it gets created day by day and things are constantly going to be changing for the foreseeable future.

It works great for me, not one problem that I can think of that would even matter to mention - I hope they get the sync functionality for the extensions working soon, however, 'cause in testing I can't get those to transfer over even with copying the entire profile to a new OS installation. But that's not a problem, or a bug, it's simply a lack of that functionality being enabled so far, it'll happen at some point.

19. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    I agree whole-heartily. This Edgium is fantastic. The ONLY issue I have is extensions not working. Fortunately I have all my extensions unpacked in a folder, so I just drag and drop. Otherwise everything is synced but passwords. I am waiting for that to happen also. All I hear in this forum is the sound of axes chopping and OSes failing. LOL As a rule, I do not have many issues with my installs. I use fast, and skip-ahead so I do expect some, but I don't complain since I asked for them.